Engagement Manager, Alumni & Hub Career Advisor
Posting DetailsPosition Details Posting Number 215-2017 Posting Title Engagement Manager, Alumni & Hub Career Advisor Position Summary Information Job Description Summary
The Babson Engagement Manager, Alumni & Hub Career Advisor requires an entrepreneurial mindset to support the launch of this new opportunity. Working directly with the Senior Director of the Graduate Center for Career Development, this role will proactively engage with MBA/MS alumni to meet their career services’ needs. Recipients of these services will be encouraged to give back to current job seeking graduate students as a way to increase their outcomes success.
The Engagement Manager, Alumni & Hub Career Advisor will deliver individual and small group Career Advisory Services for MBA/MS alumni in geographic areas near the Wellesley main campus and key hub campuses. Through partnership with the Alumni & Friends office, who will coordinate outreach to proactively engage alumni interested in career advisory appointments, the Advisor is responsible for creating a strategy for career education delivery for Alumni & Hub students’ needs; delivering career services and establishing deeper relationships with alumni; identifying future engagement opportunities recognizing the desire for alumni to “give back to Babson” including career mentoring, career events, internship and job opportunities; leveraging surveys and additional online tools to determine engagement immediately after alumni relationships are formed; and supporting admissions, as needed, to meet prospective students in geographic areas that coordinate with scheduled alumni or Hub student meetings.
The Engagement Manager, Alumni & Hub Career Advisor will also deliver career services to current Working Professional graduate students in remote hub campuses, not including the main campus or Boston hub. Specific responsibilities include allowing for “higher touch” delivery for the Working Professionals in hub campuses; positively impacting an expressed desire for community and a stronger relationship to the school; and creating relationships that will allow for the interest to give back to current job seeking graduate students which will lead to an increase in internship or job possibilities.Essential Responsibilities
• Deliver career advisory support for alumni surrounding the Babson main campus and hubs; develop relationships with these alumni and encourage engagement with current graduate students to enhance job seeking student success.
• Deliver career advisory services and create engagement strategy with Working Professionals within remote hubs (excluding Boston) to enhance opportunities for current MBA/MS students regarding job opportunities, career education, events, and mentorship.
• Identify Working Professional Testimonials to leverage marketing opportunities for the Babson brand.
• Utilize Graduate Center for Career Development resources including online platforms, Salesforce and best practices to ensure high career development standards and documentation ease.
• Create a strategy for career education delivery specifically for the alumni population and remote hubs.
• Partner with Alumni & Friends Office for effective alumni outreach.
• Support Graduate Admissions, as needed, to meet with prospective graduate students in specific geographic areas that align with career services appointments; understand graduate admissions talking points to best recruit new graduate students.
• Create surveys to be distributed after alumni and hub student meetings to determine interest on future engagement initiatives to give back to the current graduate student body; manage a follow up and documentation process to yield engagement results; and leverage metrics to measure success.
• Collaborate with Wellesley campus Relationship Managers within the Graduate Center for Career Development team to make introductions regarding employer engagement.
• Partner with academic services to coordinate and deliver start-up orientation offerings for Working Professionals within key hubs; conduct surveys for feedback.
• Assume additional responsibilities as required.
Depending on the growth as a result of career services’ demand with alumni and remote hub working professionals, additional staff or volunteers may be added.
• Minimum Level of Education requiredis a Bachelor’s Degree
• At least 5-7 years of experience in the career advisory field delivering one on one or small group facilitation with mid to upper level executives
• Must have experience working within diverse student populations and global markets
• Must have a broad understanding of multiple industries/functions regarding future of work, skill sets and employer lens in domestic and international markets
• Must be detail, quality, and deadline oriented
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment and be comfortable with ambiguity
• Must have project/process management expertise
• Must have strong communication, data analysis, organization, customer service, and presentation skills
• Must have strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint).
• Envisions and proposes new methods to perform tasks that support Entrepreneurial Thought & Action (ET&A); takes thoughtful risks; and accepts new and ongoing initiatives, objectives, and solutions to gain sought-after results
• Anticipates and embraces change; demonstrates willingness to achieve, acquire, and utilize new skills and challenging tasks; and is flexible in changing conditions.
• Ability to travel
• Must have had a valid unrestricted U.S. Driver’s License for one year, and maintain throughout employment an insurable (as determined by the College’s insurer’s criteria) or a satisfactory driving record; must successfully complete and pass the College’s vehicle training program within the first 60 days of employment; annual or more frequent review of employee’s driving record based on the College insurer’s criteria; and safety training as required by management.
Additional Experience, Skills & Abilities:
• Masters preferred in relevant field
• Global experience is a plus
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * What is the highest level of education attained?
- High School Diploma
- Associates Degree
- Bachelors Degree
- Masters Degree
- CV / Resume
- Cover Letter