Associate Professor - UCH OPS Med Director
University of Colorado - School of Medicine
Associate Professor - UCH OPS Med Director
The University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.
The Department of Psychiatry at the University of Colorado School of Medicine is seeking to hire a new Director for the University of Colorado Health (UCH) Psychiatric Outpatient Service. The Director of this rapidly growing outpatient service, which is the primary clinical training site for University of Colorado School of Medicine psychiatry residents during their PGY 3 year, will report directly to the Vice Chair for Clinical Services and Initiatives who reports directly to the Chair of the Department of Psychiatry. The UCH Psychiatric Outpatient Service includes faculty and clinical staff from multiple behavioral health disciplines to create a team-based model of care for patients with psychiatric disorders across the lifespan.
The Director is responsible for the overall clinical, educational and fiscal excellence of the program:
- Is responsible for the clinical care of patients in the outpatient setting, including application of evidence-based treatments, quality care metrics, especially screening and assessment of patient outcomes.
- Is involved in teaching the biological basis of behavior and a wide-range of evidence-based psychotherapy treatments, including but not limited to prolonged exposure therapy (and other trauma focused treatments), cognitive behavior therapy, exposure response prevention therapy, interpersonal and psychodynamic psychotherapy, family and couples therapy.
- Excellent knowledge in the biological underpinnings of pharmacotherapies and the training of residents in the appropriate use of all psychotropic medications.
- Supports appropriate involvement of educators from psychoanalytic traditions in the residency training experience.
- Provides excellent liaison with medical colleagues in the UCH community.
- Ability to develop new clinical programming to meet the needs of a growing patient population.
- Manages and supervises non-trainee clinicians evaluating and treating patients in the UCH Outpatient Clinical Service.
- Works with the finance and operations officials in the UCHealth system and the Department of Psychiatry at the University of Colorado School of Medicine to create and discuss financial documents summarizing service billing and revenue with Department and Health System leadership.
- Works with interdisciplinary educators to promote the growth and well-being of interdisciplinary training programs such as practicum and intern programs in psychology and social work.
- Facility with telepsychiatry services and their integration into an outpatient setting.
- Can work with clinicians in other medical settings to implement or enhance integrated care models.
- The design and implementation of supervision models.
- Educational activities in practice management.
- Direct observation of patient/trainee encounters.
- Collaborative mentoring, including development and oversight of productivity measures for trainees.
- Has a specific academic focus pertinent to psychiatric outpatient services.
- Adheres to promotion criteria regarding productivity.
- Keeps abreast of the latest developments in field, both academically and through applied skill.
- Maintains eligibility for SOM faculty appointment.
- Encourages and supports trainees in their academic development.
- Provides leadership, guidance, and professional mentoring for trainees, faculty and staff.
- Responsibility for clinic financial stability, compliance with Federal, State and Institution requirements.
- Provides conflict resolution and other management skill training for all participants in program.
- Enforces policies involving trainees, staff and faculty with finesse.
- Provides monthly stats regarding productivity and fiscal status of the clinic.
- Works collaboratively with residency training and UCH clinical programs.
- Works with CU Medicine on promotion of appropriate contracting for services and the promotion of new services such as IOP programming.
- Works with CU medicine to facilitate optimal utilization of resources
- Serves on School of Medicine, Hospital and Residency committees
- Colorado Medical License, DEA Certificate, Board Certified in Psychiatry, subspecialty certification preferred.
- The ideal candidate is board certified in psychiatry by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology, has at least 2 years of experience as an educator in psychiatric residency training or supervision of residents in the outpatient setting and experience in the fiscal management of an outpatient clinical service line. Demonstrated experience in multi-disciplinary training environments and management of diverse treatment teams is desired as is an appreciation for developmental psychopathology and the promotion of resilience as organizing principles for training and clinical care
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
Total Compensation Calculator: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/total-compensation
Diversity and Equity:
Please click here for information on disability accommodations: http://www.ucdenver.edu/about/departments/HR/jobs/Pages/JobsatCUDenver.aspx
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID: 14824
When applying, applicants must include:
- A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
- A current Resume/CV
- The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document
Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 21308 - SOM-PSYCH-UCH-GEN OP
Posting Date: Sep 27, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Alison Heru,MD
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
Position Number: 00754980