Graduate Admissions Specialist
The Graduate Admissions Specialist will work with prospective KSU Education graduate students from the beginning of the admissions process through applicant acceptance. The Graduate Admissions Specialist will attend KSU sponsored career fairs to advertise, market, and recruit prospective Education graduate applicants.
- Provide extensive customer service and initial advisement to prospective and current students via email, phone calls and in-person.
- Knowledge of all graduate Education programs at the University
- Screen graduate applicants for degree program qualifications and provide advising regarding qualifications for other graduate programs as necessary
- Provide applicant follow-up regarding missing requirements in the application process.
- Prepare the Graduate Admissions Status Report on a biweekly bases for department chairs, program coordinators, and other constituents.
- Represent the Center at graduate meetings within the College
- Collaborate with faculty, university level Graduate College, university level Graduate Admissions coordinator and college level Recruiter.
- Work in BANNER and Radius (Student Information Systems)
- Two (2) years related clerical experience
- Ability to learn quickly, work efficiently and accurately under set deadlines
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced office environment with constant interruptions
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Interpersonal skills, teamwork, problem solving, technology, organization, communication, and presentation skills
- Proficient with computer applications and programs (i.e. Microsoft Office suite, Student Information Systems, Application Platform, etc.)
- Oral and written communication skills
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution of higher education in related field
- Previous experience in higher education preferred