An entry-level position responsible for the development and/or implementation of outreach, admissions activities, and strategies to attract and manage a recruitment territory. The Admissions Counselor will arrange and attend high school fairs/two-year college fairs, daily high school visits, and work with parents, high school students, KSU faculty, and KSU staff as needed. Within the Office of Undergraduate Admissions, he/she may collaborate on the creation of marketing and communication geared toward their territory.
- Promote Kennesaw State University’s academic offerings by managing a recruitment territory consisting of high schools in and out of the state; attend targeted fairs, schedule onsite and offsite visits; respond to student inquiries by working the front desk, responding to tickets from the Communications Center and email inquiries from students
- Maintain proper knowledge of KSU’s services and programs in order to properly counsel and advise potential students seeking admission into KSU. The Admission Counselor will also need to be well versed in working with other student populations as well.
- Assist with the planning, implementation, and execution of special promotional activities for students seeking undergraduate admissions, but not limited to on and off campus advising (by demand and by appointment), Open House events and other events directed by the Office of Undergraduate Admissions.
- Utilize a data-driven approach in decision-making and evaluation; the position will require the development/assistance of identifying appropriate geographic and diversity markets, and assess trends as they compare to a comprehensive enrollment program
- Serve as a liaison as needed to various departments on campus. This may include coordinating training and scheduling
- This position is responsible for keeping abreast of proposed legislation, policies, or articulation agreements that may affect students seeking undergraduate admissions
- Provide admissions and info session coverage on both Kennesaw and Marietta campuses as needed
- Advises prospective-students individually and in groups regarding admission requirements
- Assists prospective students with degree, and course selection
- Assists prospective students with navigating the university’s academic and co-curricular landscape
- Works with faculty and staff on communication, advisement and academic counseling related to the college and KSU general admission requirements for prospective students
- A commitment to excellent customer service,
- Strong communication and negotiation skills, including professional writing, public speaking, and interpersonal relationship skills.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced work environment,
- Demonstrate ability to manage time and proven ability to achieve set goals and has an entrepreneurial attitude.
- Familiar with recruitment-related technology and social media.
- Must be comfortable and knowledgeable of the travel commitments of a large-scale public university.
- Occasional night and weekend work is required, which may include non-traditional work hours.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office, BANNER, document imaging, student CRM databases, and reporting software.