University of Colorado - School of Medicine
The University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.
The Department of Dermatology at the University of Colorado is seeking a full-time 1FTE (.8cFTE) Dermatologist at the rank of Assistant Professor to see patients in a robust clinical practice at CU Dermatology clinic in beautiful Boulder, CO.
Duties in this faculty position will include teaching, research, and service responsibilities.
The major responsibility of this clinical role is to see general Derm patients at our CU Dermatology - Boulder, CO practice. This is a unique opportunity as it is a ‘freestanding' clinic, i.e. not located on Anschutz Medical Campus. This clinic presents itself as a community practice. The goal of this clinical position is to:
- Build a strong CU community based clinic practice within Boulder and surrounding demographic area
- Align CU Dermatology, Boulder with the goals of patient care at the main campus
- See new, incremental patients and return patients, advise on treatment and make recommendations to patients based on their clinical needs
- Teaching responsibilities will include oversight of APP in clinic and participation in didactic lectures for Adult Dermatology and Pediatric residents every 3-4 months
- Medical Degree from an accredited school of medicine
- Board certified or board eligibility in Dermatology
- Demonstrated proficiency Dermatology
- Ability to communicate clearly as an integral member of a team
- Current license to practice as a physician in the state of Colorado with prescriptive privileges
- Experience or training in Dermatology
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
Total Compensation Calculator: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/total-compensation
Diversity and Equity:
Please click here for information on disability accommodations: http://www.ucdenver.edu/about/departments/HR/jobs/Pages/JobsatCUDenver.aspx
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID: 14820
When applying, applicants must include:
- A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
- A current Resume/CV
- The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document
Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20143 - SOM-Dermatology
Posting Date: Sep 27, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Kia Silverman
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
Position Number: 00688722