Facilities-Gen - 152000
Is this an internal posting only?
Monday-Friday, 40 hours/week
Facilities is a service organization responsible for the planning, renovation, maintenance, and repair of University buildings and facilities; and the provision of utilities, vehicle rental, refuse collection, custodial and other services essential to the mission of the University of North Texas.
For more information go to https://facilities.unt.edu
The Facilities Department at the University of North Texas is seeking to hire a Custodian to join our team. Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
* Cleaning work and custodial care of University buildings. Work involves the performance of cleaning and sanitation work in an assigned building or work area, and occasional special project work.
* UNT Custodial Service provides an exceptionally clean and sanitary environment for students, faculty, and visitors for learning, teaching, research and work.
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.
There are no minimum education or experience requirements. The following knowledge, abilities and skills are required:
* Ability to follow oral and written instructions ability to read and understand labels on chemicals.
* Ability to apply mathematical concepts to complete tasks (example: measuring and mixing chemicals).
* Sufficient knowledge of cleaning methods and the proper use of cleaning equipment.
* Ability to operate vacuum cleaner, floor waxer, floor buffer, and other cleaning equipment.
* Physical ability to perform work involving standing, stooping, operating cleaning equipment, and lifting of materials and equipment.
* Ability to recognize and to report maintenance needs in buildings.
* Knowledge of safety and security precautions appropriate to work performed.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Stable employment record.
* Physically able to perform work involving standing, stooping, the operation of cleaning equipment, and lifting of trash and equipment.
Is this a security sensitive position?
Driving a University Vehicle?
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Quicklink for Posting