Document Mgmt System Spclist
Requisition # 2018-9652
Department PPPL Information Technology
Category Information Technology
Full-Time / Part-Time Full-Time
The Princeton Plasma Physics Laboratory (PPPL) has an opening within its Information Technology Department for a Document Management System Specialist. This person is responsible for the installation, configuration, testing, documentation, and maintenance of PPPL's document and record management system. In addition, the Document Management System Specialist works closely with staff to provide end user support and training.
- Provide day to day support for document management system users including assistance in training, documentation, system troubleshooting, and technical support.
- Analyze, resolve, and document technical issues.
- Develop and maintain all aspects of custom workflows in support of PPPL's needs including interface design, backend database design/management, reporting tools, and document/record access (DocPop, etc.)
- Create and review system, design, and requirements documentation.
- Configuration of external integrations with OnBase.
- Maintains the document management system environment by installing all software updates, resolving bugs, keeping documentation current, etc.
- Formulate disaster recovery plans and execute testing on a regular basis.
- Organizes small groups of stakeholders to thoroughly test changes before they are migrated to the production environment.
- Participate in peer reviews of solution designs.
- Prepare and execute testing plans prior to release of enhancements.
- Works with stakeholders to develop and implement plans for migration of legacy documents/records into the document management system.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related discipline preferred
- 4+ years working experience developing and maintaining document and record management solutions such as OnBase
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong multitasking skills
- Must be able to work independently
- Advanced problem solving and attention to detail
- OnBase Certified System Administrator (OCSA) preferred
- OnBase Certified Workflow Administrator (OCWA)preferred
- OnBase Certified Installer (OCI) preferred
- OnBase Certified Application Programming Interface (OCAPI) preferred
- Experience with Windows Server and MS SQL
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
Standard Weekly Hours
Eligible for Overtime
Essential Services Personnel (see policy for detail)
Physical Capacity Exam Required
Valid Driver's License Required
Connect With Us! Join our Talent Network to receive updates about working at Princeton.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are, therefore, unable or limited in your ability to use or access this system, you can request a reasonable accommodation by calling a Human Resources team member at (609) 258-2101.
Princeton University/Princeton Plasma Physics Laboratory is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
Princeton University/Princeton Plasma Physics Laboratory job offers are contingent upon the candidate's successful completion of a background check, reference checks, and pre-employment screening, as applicable. The type and extent of background check, reference checks, and pre-employment screening may vary depending on the requirements and/or functions of the job and the candidate's current employment status with Princeton University/Princeton Plasma Physics Laboratory.
Princeton University/Princeton Plasma Physics Laboratory is a residential community and an employer that operates continuously 24 hours a day. Essential services employees perform jobs that are necessary and required to maintain basic University operations during scheduled closures or unscheduled suspension of normal operations due to emergencies, events, or other situations. Essential services employees may be asked and/or required to perform jobs or duties that fall outside of their normal job classification during an emergency event. Learn more about our Essential Services policy.
Go to Princeton University careers site.