Engineering Project Manager (SJSU ONLY)
Job ID: 24851
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Code: 1038
Department: Co-Generation Plant
Classification: Administrative Analyst/Specialist - Exempt III
Salary Range: $5,908/month- $11,147/month
FLSA status: Exempt
San Jos State University offers employees a comprehensive benefits package. For more information on programs available, please visit http://www.sjsu.edu/up/all/benefits/
About the Position
**This recruitment is open for current SJSU employees only**
Under general direction and reporting to the Associate Director, this position is responsible for simultaneously managing multiple infrastructure projects on a University Campus. This includes all aspects of project management from conceptual development stage, through final completion. This position is required to interface and coordinate with a variety of Departments, local Utility providers, as well as Federal, State and local agencies.
- A bachelor's degree and/or equivalent training.
- Six years of administrative work experience involving study, analysis, and/or evaluation leading to the development or improvement of administrative policies, procedures, practices, or programs.
- A valid California Driver's License is required at time of hire for the operation of any vehicle required for this position.
- Must be able to successfully complete the Defensive Driver Training Program provided by the State of California for CSU campuses and pass the course exam.
Bachelor Degree in engineering, construction management preferred,
and/or combination of 2 years equivalent experience/training in Construction Management, Project Scheduling, and Project Estimating.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to independently interpret and apply a variety of complex policies and procedures relating to construction management.
- Extensive and in-depth knowledge of the principles, problems and methods of project management activities and construction oversight.
- Extensive and in-depth knowledge of, and ability to apply expertise to, public works development methods, practices, and procedures.
- Ability to prepare project budgets and analyze funding allocations. Ability to organize, plan, and coordinate work to meet established deadlines.
- Strong presentation skills. Excellent customer service skills.
November 26, 2018
Application Screening begins December 11, 2018
Applications received before that date will receive first consideration.
This position is open until filled; however, applications received after screening has begun will be considered at the discretion of the university.
Required Application Material
Letter of interest
List of References
Complete SJSU Online Employment Application
Please note that failure to completely fill out each section of the online application may result in your application not receiving consideration.
Satisfactory completion of a background check (including a criminal records check) is required for employment. SJSU will issue a conditional offer of employment to the selected candidate, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the continued employment of a current CSU employee who was conditionally offered the position.
The standard background check includes: criminal check, employment and education verification. Depending on the position, a motor vehicle and/or credit check may be required. All background checks are conducted through the university's third party vendor, Accurate Background. SJSU will pay all costs associated with this procedure. Evidence of required degree(s) or certification(s) will be required at time of hire.
SJSU IS NOT A SPONSORING AGENCY FOR STAFF OR MANAGEMENT POSITIONS. (i.e. H1-B VISAS)
All San Jos State University employees are considered mandated reporters under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and are required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
Equal Employment Statement
SJSU is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
It is the policy of SJSU to provide reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities who self disclose.
One Washington Square San Jose, CA 95192-0046