Job ID: 24847
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Code: 0420
Classification: Instructional Technology Consultant - Career
Salary Range: $4,372/month - $10,478/month
FLSA status: Exempt
About the Position
The incumbent supports the Universitys mission to advance the effective use of current and emerging technologies to develop innovative and engaging e-learning environments. Ensures that the University's learning management system is properly maintained, works to enhance the facultys pedagogical understanding of technology in e-learning environments, and serves as an advocate for institutionalizing e-learning within the culture and administration of the University.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Consult with faculty and staff to adapt existing courses and programs for online delivery and
other forms of e-learning.
- Design and develop online instructional materials that support academic courses/programs
grounded in sound educational theory and best practices in instructional design.
- Maintain the learning management system and/or other instructional technologies to serve the
educational and administrative community with resources in support of instruction.
- Bachelors degree in computer science, information systems, educational technology,
communications, or related fields, or similar certified coursework in applicable fields of study.
- Three years of experience supporting information systems and technology.
- Masters Degree in a related field
- Experience in educational technology, instructional design, distributed learning, or an
- Experience using and managing Learning Management Systems.
- Experience with technical information systems and application program packages.
- Experience and a working knowledge of common software application packages used in
higher education teaching.
- Experience in course development and design.
- Experience in a team-based environment.
- Experience in teaching workshops in higher education.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Thorough knowledge in using learning management systems and other instructional
technologies, as well as, knowledge of software administration.
- Ability to understand, analyze and diagnose faculty, staff, and student needs and translate
these needs into instructional solutions.
- Proficiency and hands-on experience in web and mobile technologies with programming
knowledge of Application Programming Interface (API) and web development tools such as
Java, HTML, XML, and .NET.
- Ability to enhance web-based courses with knowledge of best practices and e-learning
- Thorough knowledge and demonstrable skills in applying a variety of software applications and
web-based authoring and publishing systems: e.g., Camtasia, Photoshop, HTML editors,
WebEx, Microsoft Office, etc.
- In-depth knowledge of systems analysis and development, applications programming, and
- Ability to design and develop user-friendly interfaces that comply with accessibility as defined
in Section 508.
- Working knowledge of managing vendor-supplied application maintenance and patch life
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
Application Screening begins December 11, 2018.
Applications received before that date will receive first consideration.
This position is open until filled; however, applications received after screening has begun will be considered at the discretion of the university.
Required Application Material
Letter of interest
List of References
Complete SJSU Online Employment Application
Please note that failure to completely fill out each section of the online application may result in your application not receiving consideration.
Equal Employment Statement
SJSU is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
It is the policy of SJSU to provide reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities who self disclose.
One Washington Square San Jose, CA 95192-0046