Technical Support Associate
Job Description Summary:
I. JOB OVERVIEW
The Tech Support Associate will report to the Director of Operations in the School of Nursing and is responsible for providing direction and support for computer-based information and communication systems. Typical activities involve technical troubleshooting and evaluation of individual user and network problems, and may include first-tier support via phone, email, and site visits to diagnose and remedy issues. Responsible for inventory control, database administration, and conducts training and support operations within the School of Nursing.
- Assists in designing and managing the SON user support technical infrastructure as well as in coordinating all application interfaces and related technical matters with the GW SON operations staff.
- Plans and organizes training for users relative to new technologies and regularly interacting with other technical support staff to review major issues and problems that arise.
- Reading and creating audiovisual system drawings to verify and develop properly functioning systems, including the specification of equipment, wiring of equipment, and signal flow.
Interfacing with architects and other design trades to ensure new construction projects include the proper infrastructure needed for successful deployment of a complete lab or conference room system.
- Troubleshooting audiovisual incidents in lab or conference rooms, including updating firmware, performing hardware replacements, and networking configuration.
- Performing routine inspection of audiovisual system operation for controlled and non-controlled audiovisual and advanced VTC systems.
- Acts as a liaison with third-party audiovisual vendors in relation to warranty and technical support questions.
- Participates in projects focused on the research, evaluation and implementation of new technologies that will better support the GW School of Nursing community.
- The position is based at GW's Virginia Science & Technology Campus in Ashburn, VA. but may require occasional travel to the Foggy Bottom campus in Washington, DC.
Qualified candidates will hold a Bachelor's degree in an appropriate area of specialization. Degree must be conferred by the start date of the position. Degree requirements may be substituted with an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.Additional Required Licenses/Certifications/Posting Specific Minimum Qualifications: Preferred Qualifications: Typical Hiring Range $20.79 - $31.14 How is pay for new employees determined at GW?
II. JOB DETAILS
Campus Location: Ashburn, Virginia College/School/Department: School of Nursing Family Information Technology Sub-Family Tech Support/Service Delivery Stream Individual Contributor Level Level 1 Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Hours Per Week: 40 Work Schedule: Monday - Friday Position Designation: Non-Essential: Employees who are not required to work unless directed to do so by their supervisor. Telework: No Required Background Check: Criminal History Screening, Education/Degree/Certifications Verification, Social Security Number Trace, and Sex Offender Registry Search Special Instructions to Applicants:
Employer will not sponsor for employment Visa statusInternal Applicants Only? No Posting Number: S007593 Job Open Date: 09/06/2018 Job Close Date: If temporary, grant funded or limited term appointment, position funded until: Background Screening Successful Completion of a Background Screening will be required as a condition of hire. EEO Statement:
The university is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Cover Letter
Documents needed to Apply
- Cover Letter