Administrative Analyst/Specialist (SJSU ONLY)
Job ID: 24852
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Code: 1038
Classification: Administrative Analyst/Specialist, Non-Exempt
Salary Range: $3,288/month - $6,162/month
FLSA status: Non-Exempt
San Jos State University offers employees a comprehensive benefits package. For more information on programs available, please visit http://www.sjsu.edu/up/all/benefits/
About the Position
**This is open for current SJSU employees only.**
This position provides complex administrative and financial support to the Department Chair, students, faculty and staff. The Administrative Analyst/Specialist provides fiscal and budgetary support, together with limited technical support, to a large academic department of over 1000 students and 70 faculty; including parttime faculty, GAs, TAs and ISAs. In addition, provides highly complex administrative support, specifically to University Personnel, regarding all hiring procedures, policies and documentation to the department chair, faculty, staff and students.
- A bachelor's degree and/or equivalent training
- Administrative work experience involving study, analysis, and/or evaluation leading to the development or improvement of administrative policies, procedures, practices, or programs.
- Bachelors degree
- Experience handling large, complex budgets
- Experience with budget planning, analysis, reconciliation, and projections
- Experience in a fast-paced office with competing priorities
- Experience as project manager/lead
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to perform accurate and detailed financial calculations related to record keeping.
- Ability to understand the Salary Expenditure Worksheets and Faculty Workload/Tally Sheets.
- Knowledge of basic methods and procedures for research and statistical analysis and the ability to apply them.
- Working knowledge of software applications, word process, spreadsheet, database management; PeopleSoft, skill in use of PC applications.
- Excellent oral communication skills. Must possess excellent customer service and public relations skills.
November 26, 2018
Application Screening begins December 11, 2018
Applications received before that date will receive first consideration.
This position is open until filled; however, applications received after screening has begun will be considered at the discretion of the university.
Required Application Material
Letter of interest
List of References
Complete SJSU Online Employment Application
Please note that failure to completely fill out each section of the online application may result in your application not receiving consideration.
Satisfactory completion of a background check (including a criminal records check) is required for employment. SJSU will issue a conditional offer of employment to the selected candidate, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the continued employment of a current CSU employee who was conditionally offered the position.
The standard background check includes: criminal check, employment and education verification. Depending on the position, a motor vehicle and/or credit check may be required. All background checks are conducted through the university's third party vendor, Accurate Background. SJSU will pay all costs associated with this procedure. Evidence of required degree(s) or certification(s) will be required at time of hire.
SJSU IS NOT A SPONSORING AGENCY FOR STAFF OR MANAGEMENT POSITIONS. (i.e. H1-B VISAS)
All San Jos State University employees are considered mandated reporters under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and are required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
Equal Employment Statement
SJSU is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
It is the policy of SJSU to provide reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities who self disclose.
One Washington Square San Jose, CA 95192-0046