The Duke Molecular Physiology Institute is accepting applications for an Exercise Physiologist to develop, coordinate, and implement exercise related programs for clinical research trials.
- Supervise exercise training sessions and conduct diagnostic testing independently as required and per study protocol, including maximal cardiopulmonary exercise testing with 12-lead ECG interpretation without direct medical supervision
- Assist with daily operations of clinical research protocols including data acquisition and proper study documentation
- Responsible for developing exercise prescriptions for research patient populations according to protocol guidelines
- Conduct the informed consent process with potential study participants
- Assist with mentoring/guiding interns working with the study team
- Master's degree in exercise science or equivalent in related health field is required, with current CPR/AED training
- Certification obtained through ACSM CES or ACSM RCEP, NSCA, or NASM is preferred
- Familiarity and experience with Electrocardiography (ECG) is required
- Previous experience working with older adults and other special populations
- Ability to recognize symptom changes/signs of problems and activate the appropriate medical response and processes
- Experience in a clinical environment working with physicians and other clinical providers
- Experience in health risk appraisal, comprehensive fitness testing, and exercise prescription are preferred
- Desire for helping people achieve their health/wellness goals
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and excellent communication skills
1607 EXERCISE PHYSIOLOGIST
Job Family Level
Full Time / Part Time
Regular / Temporary
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employercommitted to providing employment opportunity without regard to anindividual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, genderidentity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex,sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation,creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robustexchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity ofour perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achievethis exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feelsecure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals arerespected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our communityhave a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System mayinclude essential job functions that require specific physical and/ormental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests forreasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires a Master's degree in Exercise Physiology, PhysicalEducation or related field.
None required beyond Education/Training requirement.OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Auto req ID
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender expression, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.