Senior Associate Director, Digital Analytics
Hyde Park Campus
About the Unit
The University of Chicago Booth School of Business is the second-oldest school in the U.S. and second to none when it comes to influencing business education and business practices. Since 1898, the school has produced ideas and leaders that shape the world of business. Their rigorous, discipline-based approach to business education transforms students into confident, effective, respected business leaders prepared to face the toughest challenges. Chicago Booth has the finest set of facilities of any business school in the world. Each of the four campuses (two in Chicago, one in London, and one in Hong Kong) reflects the architectural traditions of its environs while offering a state-of-the-art learning environment. Chicago Booth is proud to claim: -an unmatched faculty. -degree and open enrollment programs offered on three continents. -a global body of nearly 50,000 accomplished alumni. - strong and growing corporate relationships that provide a wealth of lifelong career opportunities. As part of the world-renowned University of Chicago, Chicago Booth shares the University's core values that shape the distinctive intellectual culture. At Booth, they constantly question and test ideas, and seek proof. This extraordinarily effective approach to business leads to new ideas and innovative solutions. Seven of the Booth faculty members have won Nobel Prizes for these ideas - the first business school to achieve this accomplishment. For more information about the University of Chicago Booth School of Business, please visit: http://www.chicagobooth.edu/
The Senior Associate Director of Digital Analytics is an integral member of the Marketing and Communications leadership team and is responsible for helping to develop a culture more reliant on capturing, interpreting and leveraging data to achieve institutional goals and objections. Will utilize their technical and working knowledge of digital analytics architectures, patterns, practices, techniques and technologies to create and execute the strategy and initiatives of the digital analytics team.
- Manage web analytics duties for lead generation and/or publishing websites.
- Create a culture of data-informed decision-making throughout an organization, continuous optimization and thought leadership both inside and outside of the organization.
- Run a testing program at scale to deliver improvements that provides significant value to the organization.
- Uncover performance insights and best practices through data analysis and reporting.
- Oversee large-scale implementations of digital analytics marketing automation solutions, including ownership of the technical solution.
- Strong knowledge of analytical methodologies for optimizing and evaluating customer campaigns (i.e., segmentation, predictive response models, etc.) as well as a strong knowledge of online marketing and/or CRM best practices.
- Bring expertise in tag management, translating requirements into analytics strategies, integrating various data sources, and marketing techniques including targeting, segmentation and modeling.
- Strengthen internal relationships through collaboration ability, effectively working across multiple stakeholder groups, cross-functional groups, departments and leadership teams both within the organization and outside of the organization.
- Evolve the organization by staying aware and ahead of emerging technologies and industry best practices
- Shepherd adaptation of digital and business solutions with solid understanding of digital technologies including website/application development, digital advertising and media/social media, mobile applications, and data visualization.
- Work with outside vendors for reporting, analytics, and tag management.
- Synthesize data with primary and secondary audience insights that assist in the development of campaigns and content that resonate with target audiences
- Coach and develop a talented team of digital analysts
Education, Experience or Certifications
- Bachelor's degree in a quantitative field required; background in business, marketing, statistics, economics preferred.
- At least seven years of experience working in a digital analytics role required.
- At least four years of experience in an analytics management
- Experience with attribution platforms and journey mapping preferred.
- Experience designing and delivering digital analytics solutions for marketing and IT teams required.
Technical Knowledge or Skills:
- Proficient skills with statistical programs such as SQL, SAS, Python or R preferred.
- Excellent presentation skills and ability to construct a cohesive, visual story preferred.
- Consultative, service-based mindset required.
- Knowledge of Multi-Channel Media Mix Attribution, Customer Lifecycle Marketing Analysis, Paid Search Audience Targeting and ROI Impact, Campaign Profitability preferred.
- Ability to understand larger business needs and the application of digital analytics to address them. In-depth knowledge of Google Analytics and Adobe Analytics required.
- Advanced working knowledge of tag management platforms (e.g., Tealium, GTM, Adobe DTM) required.
- Advanced working knowledge of site optimization and personalization platforms (e.g., Optimizely, Adobe Target, Visual Website Optimizer (VWO)) required.
- In-depth knowledge of report development, data visualization, and insight generation (Tableau) required.
- Strong analytics and measurement experience (math and statistics), with a focus on digital marketing required.
- Familiarity with Slate/Technolutions, Marketo Analytics, Salesforce, HootSuite, Sprinklr, SEMRush preferred.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills, with the ability to distill large amounts of data into simple language and action plans required.
- Ability to clearly communicate capabilities, opportunities, and recommendations to both technical and nontechnical audiences required.
- Ability to seamlessly go from raw data through complex modelling techniques to a final output that is insightful, valuable, tightly packaged and easily digestible required.
- Cover letter
NOTE: When applying, all required documents MUST be uploaded under the Resume/CV section of the application.
Depends on Qualifications
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Job is Exempt?
Drug Test Required?
Does this position require incumbent to operate a vehicle on the job?
Health Screen Required?
Remove from Posting On or Before
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University's Notice of Nondiscrimination.
Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5800 or submit a request via Applicant Inquiry Form.
The University of Chicago's Annual Security & Fire Safety Report (Report) provides information about University offices and programs that provide safety support, crime and fire statistics, emergency response and communications plans, and other policies and information. The Report can be accessed online at: http://securityreport.uchicago.edu. Paper copies of the Report are available, upon request, from the University of Chicago Police Department, 850 E. 61st Street, Chicago, IL 60637.
The University of Chicago is an urban research university that has driven new ways of thinking since 1890. Our commitment to free and open inquiry draws inspired scholars to our global campuses, where ideas are born that challenge and change the world.
We empower individuals to challenge conventional thinking in pursuit of original ideas. Students in the College develop critical, analytic, and writing skills in our rigorous, interdisciplinary core curriculum. Through graduate programs, students test their ideas with UChicago scholars, and become the next generation of leaders in academia, industry, nonprofits, and government.
To learn more about the university click here http://www.uchicago.edu/