Senior Assistant Director, Multimedia Producer & Designer
Hyde Park Campus
About the Unit
The University of Chicago Booth School of Business is the second-oldest school in the U.S. and second to none when it comes to influencing business education and business practices. Since 1898, the school has produced ideas and leaders that shape the world of business. Their rigorous, discipline-based approach to business education transforms students into confident, effective, respected business leaders prepared to face the toughest challenges. Chicago Booth has the finest set of facilities of any business school in the world. Each of the four campuses (two in Chicago, one in London, and one in Hong Kong) reflects the architectural traditions of its environs while offering a state-of-the-art learning environment. Chicago Booth is proud to claim: -an unmatched faculty. -degree and open enrollment programs offered on three continents. -a global body of nearly 50,000 accomplished alumni. - strong and growing corporate relationships that provide a wealth of lifelong career opportunities. As part of the world-renowned University of Chicago, Chicago Booth shares the University's core values that shape the distinctive intellectual culture. At Booth, they constantly question and test ideas, and seek proof. This extraordinarily effective approach to business leads to new ideas and innovative solutions. Seven of the Booth faculty members have won Nobel Prizes for these ideas - the first business school to achieve this accomplishment. For more information about the University of Chicago Booth School of Business, please visit: http://www.chicagobooth.edu/
As part of the Creative team in the Marketing Department, the Senior Assistant Director, Multimedia Producer & Designer conceptualizes and produces a wide variety of leading edge multimedia and graphic design collateral for The University of Chicago Booth School of Business.
The Senior Assistant Director, Multimedia Producer & Designer will create thoughtful, strategic, and integrated videos, motion graphics, designs, and layouts that meet a wide range of Chicago Booth marketing and branding objectives. The role will work collaboratively on strategic design, multimedia projects, and graphic layouts that utilize industry best practices, innovative ideas, and modern design techniques to critical projects. It will also leverage strong motion, design and layout expertise to produce multimedia and design projects that support the Chicago Booth brand and a range of related marketing initiatives.
The role will demonstrate a high quality of work and professionalism. The Senior Assistant Director, Multimedia Producer & Designer is a multi-task-oriented designer who stays abreast of current industry trends, technology, and techniques while working to maintain the brand standards of Chicago Booth to ensure that designs and projects are completed on time and on brand for the organization.
- Under the direction of the Senior Associate Director of Brand, contribute to the marketing and editorial efforts of Chicago Booth through the creation of motion and other design collateral. Tasks include the following: Assisting in video production in line with Chicago Booth narrative style and brand visual voice. Hands on post-production including collaborative editing and motion graphics. Preparing electronic files for web development. Managing video assets, workflow and production processes under the direction of the creative director.
Strategically conceptualize scope, design and execute a wide range of social media collateral in support of Booth branding and marketing.
- Work with the creative team to support the development of multimedia and design production from intake through project completion.
- Work closely with Senior Associate Director of Brand, content, and partners to support multimedia efforts, assist in developing productions schedules, help to coordinate locations, resources, talent (subjects) and workflow.
- Assist in scheduling photographers and videographers.
- Conduct asset research including photography, archival footage, audio clips, etc.
- Assist in the development of pre-production, production, and post-production processes. This includes documentation, workflow, equipment, transportation, media management, equipment maintenance, equipment storage, digital asset management, media ingestion, and other duties as dictated by each production.
- Develop and maintain motion graphics standards, assets, and templates.
- Develop innovative screen graphics in after effects, motion, and Cinema 4D (or similar 3D design program) on an on-going basis.
- Consult and concept motion graphics sequences, info graphics, and templates.
- Facilitate and assist in the capture of footage from live events, interviews and b-roll.
- Prepare and encode videos for use on various media.
- Support the Chicago Booth brand standards system for social media graphics both static and motion.
- Oversee and produce print graphics as requested when applicable.
- Assist in the scheduling, setup, and filming of on-location photo and video captures.
Education, Experience or Certifications:
- Bachelor's degree required; degree within a film, multimedia, journalism, design, or a related field preferred.
- At least five years of experience in photography and multimedia production required.
Technical Knowledge or Skills:
- Complete familiarity with Apple Macintosh environment required.
- Deep knowledge of After Effects, Premiere Pro, Cinema 4D (or similar 3D software) required.
- Deep knowledge of and fluency with The Adobe Creative Suite required.
- Outstanding attention to detail, ability to juggle multiple projects in deadline-oriented environment required.
- Ability to work under direction with minimal supervision required.
- Proven ability to meet tight deadlines and to work successfully under pressure required.
- Ability to work successfully with a wide variety of people inside and outside the University, including the Creative Director, developers, partners, alumni, faculty, and others required.
- Ability to meet new people easily and be at ease interacting professionally with them required.
- Ability to present concepts effectively to the central Marketing Team, its partners, and the larger Chicago Booth community required.
- Ability to work successfully as part of a team, including the ability to give and receive constructive feedback and to articulate and defend a principled point of view required.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously required.
- Ability to convey how a program or initiative will be expressed in multiple channels required.
- Prolonged use of computer and intensive keyboard use required.
- Willingness and ability to travel periodically, including out-of-state, required.
- Cover letter
- Multimedia work samples
NOTE: When applying, all required documents MUST be uploaded under the Resume/CV section of the application.
Depends on Qualifications
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Job is Exempt?
Drug Test Required?
Does this position require incumbent to operate a vehicle on the job?
Health Screen Required?
Remove from Posting On or Before
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University's Notice of Nondiscrimination.
Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5800 or submit a request via Applicant Inquiry Form.
The University of Chicago's Annual Security & Fire Safety Report (Report) provides information about University offices and programs that provide safety support, crime and fire statistics, emergency response and communications plans, and other policies and information. The Report can be accessed online at: http://securityreport.uchicago.edu. Paper copies of the Report are available, upon request, from the University of Chicago Police Department, 850 E. 61st Street, Chicago, IL 60637.
The University of Chicago is an urban research university that has driven new ways of thinking since 1890. Our commitment to free and open inquiry draws inspired scholars to our global campuses, where ideas are born that challenge and change the world.
We empower individuals to challenge conventional thinking in pursuit of original ideas. Students in the College develop critical, analytic, and writing skills in our rigorous, interdisciplinary core curriculum. Through graduate programs, students test their ideas with UChicago scholars, and become the next generation of leaders in academia, industry, nonprofits, and government.
To learn more about the university click here http://www.uchicago.edu/