Hyde Park Campus
71684 UChicago Creative
About the Unit
UChicago Creative is the in-house agency at the University of Chicago. Like the community we're part of, we are a team of creative thinkers who thrive on challenges and excel at producing innovative solutions. Our expertise spans strategic assessment and brand positioning to creative direction and development to production and distribution. We partner with departments and units across campus to create communications that reach their goals while advancing the University's reputation. We capture the voice and vision of the University through a variety of media, including print, photography, video, and digital media. We address a full spectrum of creative challenges and develop solutions that may include a simple postcard to a fully integrated marketing campaign.
The Project Manager, Creative is responsible for managing multiple projects of various sizes simultaneously.
Reporting to the Director of Creative Operations, this role collaborates with the project management team, design and editorial staff, and clients from other University of Chicago departments to ensure that projects are executed on time, on scope, and on budget. Projects range from print to digital/social and multimedia deliverables.
The Project Manager must understand all aspects of a project in order to achieve the overall strategic goals. This person must be proactive, able to perform well under pressure, and nimble—able to problem solve and provide alternative solutions as changes arise during a project, while still adhering to timeline, scope and budget constraints. The ideal candidate is a dynamic individual who is enthusiastic, self-driven, solution-oriented and fosters an ongoing commitment to achieving high quality results.
- Communicate requirements and assignments to various team members
- Under general direction, manage all aspects of projects and provide a single point of contact for those projects
- Manage reviews and approvals by clients and by UChicago Creative supervisors
- Helps prioritize projects and deadlines in order to best meet department and client needs
- Collaborate with staff to participate in weekly production/status meetings
- Assist with forecasting and resource management
- Consistently manages client expectations in a collaborative way
- Develops detailed work plans, schedules, project cost estimates, resource plans, and status reports
- Assists in assembling a project team, assigns individual responsibilities, identifies appropriate resources needed, and develops schedules to ensure timely completion of projects.
- Conducts project meetings and is responsible for project tracking and analysis.
- Ensures adherence to quality standards and reviews project deliverables.
- Manages the integration of vendor tasks and tracks and reviews vendor deliverables.
- Provides analytical guidance to a project team.
- Proven success facilitating complex projects and coordinating multiple disciplines
- Strong knowledge of project management best practices and processes, including software
- Strong knowledge of editorial and design workflows and processes
- Knowledge of print-production process required
- Knowledge of digital and multimedia required
- Ability to balance up to 30 projects at one time and balance multiple, sometimes competing priorities
- Demonstrated self-starter with ability to solve problems proactively
- Excellent organizational skills with a strong attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal, writing, verbal, and communication skills
- Ability to counsel clients and promote an atmosphere of client-based service
- Ability to work cross-functionally and promote a team atmosphere
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Expertise in using Project Management Software such as Harvest, Basecamp, etc.
- Experience with Microsoft Office tools
Education, Experience, or Certifications:
- Bachelor's degree required
- 5-7 years of Project Management experience required
- Experience in an agency environment preferred
All required documents must be submitted to be considered for this position
- Cover Letter
- Reference list
NOTE: When applying, all required documents MUST be uploaded under the Resume/CV section of the application
Depends on Qualifications
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Job is Exempt?
Drug Test Required?
Does this position require incumbent to operate a vehicle on the job?
Health Screen Required?
Remove from Posting On or Before
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University's Notice of Nondiscrimination.
Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5800 or submit a request via Applicant Inquiry Form.
The University of Chicago's Annual Security & Fire Safety Report (Report) provides information about University offices and programs that provide safety support, crime and fire statistics, emergency response and communications plans, and other policies and information. The Report can be accessed online at: http://securityreport.uchicago.edu. Paper copies of the Report are available, upon request, from the University of Chicago Police Department, 850 E. 61st Street, Chicago, IL 60637.
The University of Chicago is an urban research university that has driven new ways of thinking since 1890. Our commitment to free and open inquiry draws inspired scholars to our global campuses, where ideas are born that challenge and change the world.
We empower individuals to challenge conventional thinking in pursuit of original ideas. Students in the College develop critical, analytic, and writing skills in our rigorous, interdisciplinary core curriculum. Through graduate programs, students test their ideas with UChicago scholars, and become the next generation of leaders in academia, industry, nonprofits, and government.
To learn more about the university click here http://www.uchicago.edu/