Lecturer in Comparative Literature
Open November 26th, 2018 through December 28th, 2018
The Department of Comparative Literature at University of California, Irvine invites applications for part-time lecturer position(s) to teach the following courses in the spring quarter 2019: Comparative Literature 60C, Cultural Studies and Comparative Literature 150, Modern Middle Eastern Literatures in Translation. For further information about the courses, please consult: http://catalogue.uci.edu/schoolofhumanities/departmentofcomparativeliterature/#courseinventory. The appointment will be made at 37.5% per quarter per course at an annual full-time salary rate of $54,738, or $6,842.25 per course. Appointment dates will be 4/1/19 - 6/30/19 with a service period of 3/27/19 - 6/14/19.
Requirement - Applicants must have the PhD. in Comparative Literature or equivalent degree. University level teaching experience is preferred.
• Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
• Letter of application describing research and teaching interests
• Representative set of teaching evaluations
• Sample Syllabi
• Statement of Contributions to Diversity - Statement addressing how past and/or potential contributions to diversity will advance UCI's Commitment to Inclusive Excellence.
Apply online at: http://recruit.ap.uci.edu/apply/JPF05065
Inquiries regarding this position should be directed to:
Nasrin Rahimieh, Chair
UCI Department of Comparative Literature
Irvine, CA 92697-2651
The University of California, Irvine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.
Job location Irvine, CA
More information about this recruitment: https://www.humanities.uci.edu/complit/
- Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
- Letter of application describing research and teaching interests
- Statement of Contributions to Diversity - Statement addressing how past and/or potential contributions to diversity will advance UCI's Commitment to Inclusive Excellence.
- Sample syllabi for 10-week courses
- Representative teaching evaluations
- 2 letters of reference required
HOW TO APPLY
- Create an ApplicantID
- Provide required information and documents
- If any, provide required reference information
Get started: press Apply Now