Campus Dirctor, Financial Aid & Scholarship
Department: Financial Aid Administration
Location: Eastern Campus
Reports To: Vice President, Access and Completion
Recruitment Type: External/Internal
Requisition ID: req832
Employment Type: Administration and Professionals
Vacancy Number: 146-19
Union Position: Non-Union
Work Schedule: M-F, 8:30am-5pm
Number of Openings: 1
The Campus Director, Financial Aid & Scholarships serves as a member of the SFA Leadership Team.
Provides leadership for the operational activities of the Campus Student Financial Assistance Department, ensuring accurate dissemination of information to the campus community including students, staff, administration and faculty. Provides student-centered service and adherence to all Federal, State regulations and College policies. Works closely with all campus Student Affairs units, the Administration and Finance Department, and the Enrollment Management Department to ensure all steps in the enrollment process support student success.
- Leads, supervises, trains and evaluates the work of campus SFA advisors and other full-time and part-time staff as assigned in accordance with College policies, collective bargaining contracts and labor laws.
- Participates in the development of College SFA policies and procedures and ensures a uniform
execution at the campus.
- Participates in the establishment of positive controls and procedures that ensure financial aid
funds are disbursed to students promptly and in the correct amount.
- Ensures compliance of financial aid recipients with the SFA academic standards as required by federal regulations including, but not limited to, satisfactory grades, attendance, class selections, and progress
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge base on student financial aid laws and regulations to various constituents, staying abreast of and assimilating frequent changes, and implementing revised procedures as required.
- Maintains communication with all campus student affairs units and Office of the Bursar
and Enrollment Centers.
- Coordinates all campus SFA activities with other College SFA units to assure that information exchanges and transactions occur in a timely and consistent manner.
- Works cooperatively and collaboratively with other college units charged with student postsecondary transition, retention and outreach activities.
- Serves on campus and college wide committees as assigned.
- Develops, administers, and monitors campus department budget.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience/Training
- Master's Degree in Higher Education Administration or a related field.
- Significant related experience may substitute for education.
- Minimum of five years of progressively responsible experience in a Financial Aid department.
- Demonstrated experience hiring, training, developing, scheduling, supervising and managing
the work performance of others.
- Demonstrated experience forecasting, planning, maintaining, preparing, and monitoring a
Business area's budget.
- Demonstrated experience effectively making decisions that have major implications on the management and operations within a department.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in a role requiring dynamic and abstract problem solving methods
in adaptive situations.
Education and Experience/Training
- Financial Literacy/Education Certification
Special Instructions to Applicants: During the application process, you may be required to attach a cover letter and/or resume. It is recommended that you have these documents ready to be attached electronically to the online application. This system accepts only MS Word or PDF attachments. Any employment with the College is contingent upon satisfactory completion of a background check and drug screen.
Affirmative Action Statement: Cuyahoga Community College is committed to attaining excellence through the recruitment and retention of a qualified and diverse workforce. Cuyahoga Community College is an equal employment/educational opportunity institution.