DIRECTOR OF UNDERGRADUATE ADMISSIONS
DIRECTOR OF UNDERGRADUATE ADMISSIONS
Posting Number: SRGV3651
Number of Vacancies: 1
Location: Edinburg, Texas
Department: Undergraduate Admissions
Scope of Job:
Directs the operational activities within the Office of Undergraduate Admissions, including but not limited to admissions policies and procedures, credit evaluation, and application processing. Committed to Strategic Enrollment's mission of achieving University enrollment goals by designing and implementing services and initiatives which facilitate a successful transition to our students.
Description of Duties:
• Provides direction and leadership to the personnel involved in the processing, review, and decision-making of undergraduate application for domestic and international prospective students.
• Responsible for implementing an efficient and effective admissions process.
• Collaborates with undergraduate admission personnel to refine the undergraduate admission process.
• Responsible for all budgetary responsibilities of the department.
• Develops objectives and activities based on department goals.
• Responsible for the coordination, planning, development, and implementation of comprehensive admissions policies and procedures for domestic and international programs and processes at the undergraduate level.
• Develops and implements business plans for the integrated admission processing area, collaborates with information technology professionals to enhance and streamline admissions processing systems.
• Initiates and supports the use of technology including, but not limited to the student information and imaging systems, Constituent Relationship Management, credit evaluation systems and more office functions towards the goal of optimizing staff efficiencies and procedural effectiveness to improve admission recruitment and/or enrollment practices and ensure a positive student experience.
• Develops and implements proactive strategies to adjust to changing environments and trends in Constituent Relationship Management software and application processing using best practices and current technological solutions.
• Compiles admissions data, analyzes trends, and makes recommendations on new enrollment strategies as necessary.
• Identifies new opportunities to increase applications for admission and enhance yield of admitted applicants.
• Compiles and submits reports as required by management, state, local, and federal regulatory agencies.
• Coordinates with Assistant/Associate Directors of Undergraduate Admissions, as well as other Strategic Enrollment departments and academic units in the execution of enrollment initiatives.
• Oversees and participates in the hiring, training, and evaluation of staff.
• Serves as liaison with organizations and individuals involved in the undergraduate admissions applications process.
• Develops, cultivates, and maintains working relationships with internal/external departments/agencies and other organizations.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
General supervision from assigned supervisor.
Direct supervision of assigned staff.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university.
Five (5) years of progressive responsible experience in admissions processing and enrollment offices.
Knowledge in student enterprise systems such as Banner or PeopleSoft and Constituent Relationship Management software.
Use of standard office equipment.
Needs to be able to successfully perform all required duties. Office Environment; some travel and weekend work is required. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body.
Exceptional planning and organizational skills. Ability to communicate effectively and appropriately with diverse populations. Must be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
Physical Capabilities: N/A
Employment Category: Full-Time
Minimum Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Posted Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Position Available Date: 11/21/2018
Grant Funded Position: No
If Yes, Provide Grant Expiration Date:
UTRGV is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer that strives to hire without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. UTRGV takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Human Resources will not be held responsible for redacting any confidential information from the documents you attach with your application. The confidential information includes the following:
*Date of Birth
*Social Security Number
Please make sure that you omit this information prior to submission. We are advising that Human Resources will be forwarding your application to the department as per your submission. The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley reserves the right to discontinue accepting applications prior to the stated close date of this position, after meeting the posting requirement of three (3) calendar days.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at (956)665-8880 and/or [email protected]
UTRGV is a distributed location institution and working location is subject to change based on need.
All UTRGV employees are required to have a criminal background check (CBC). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Substitutions to the above requirements must have prior approval from the Chief Human Resources Officer.
To apply, visit https://careers.utrgv.edu/postings/19704
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency