DIRECTOR UNDERGRADUATE RECRUITMENT
DIRECTOR UNDERGRADUATE RECRUITMENT
Posting Number: SRGV3650
Number of Vacancies: 1
Location: Edinburg, Texas
Scope of Job:
Manage, oversee, and coordinate freshmen and transfer recruitment, orientation, and campus visit experience. Utilize advanced and innovative recruitment technology and techniques to shape the academic profile of first year and transfer students. Responsible for managing, coordinating and directing the daily operation of recruitment, new student orientation, visitor's center, campus tours and recruitment events.
Description of Duties:
• Manages all activities related to prospective student experience including recruitment, new student orientation, campus tours, visitor’s center, and campus recruitment events.
• Directs undergraduate outreach, recruitment, and prospective student services including hiring, training supervision, and evaluations of all assigned staff.
• Develops short and long-range plans, conceptual designs, budget requirements and documentation for all Undergraduate Recruitment activities.
• Coordinates and collaborates with the team responsible for the development and enhancement of new student orientation programming, including on-campus and on-line experiences to ensure a student-centered approach.
• Coordinates and collaborates with the team responsible for campus visit experiences, including individual campus tours, group tours, recruitment and yield events.
• Develops and implements a comprehensive communication plan for a variety of populations including but not limited to Freshmen, Transfer Students, Parents, High Ability, Out-of-Area, and more.
• Develops and implements a comprehensive recruitment activity plan for local territories, Texas, the US and key international markets.
• Oversees and participates in the hiring, training, and evaluation of staff.
• Responsible for the development and monitoring of recruitment, orientation, and campus visit reports. Provides reports to constituents inside and outside the Division.
• Coordinates, collaborates, and enhances internal staff development and training to ensure staff are prepared to recruit and serve a diverse student population.
• Regularly analyzes recruitment and orientation activities and report on effectiveness of initiatives.
• Participates in State/National associations that will promote and recognize the University.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
General supervision from assigned supervisor.
Direct supervision of assigned staff.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university.
Master’s degree from an accredited university.
Five (5) years of progressive experience in recruitment and enrollment offices, including supervisory experience.
Use of standard office equipment. Knowledge in student enterprise systems, such as Banner or PeopleSoft and CRM software desired.
Needs to be able to successfully perform all required duties. Office Environment; some travel and weekend work is required. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body.
Exceptional planning and organizational skills.
Physical Capabilities: N/A
Employment Category: Full-Time
Minimum Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Posted Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Position Available Date: 11/21/2018
Grant Funded Position: No
If Yes, Provide Grant Expiration Date:
UTRGV is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer that strives to hire without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. UTRGV takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Human Resources will not be held responsible for redacting any confidential information from the documents you attach with your application. The confidential information includes the following:
*Date of Birth
*Social Security Number
Please make sure that you omit this information prior to submission. We are advising that Human Resources will be forwarding your application to the department as per your submission. The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley reserves the right to discontinue accepting applications prior to the stated close date of this position, after meeting the posting requirement of three (3) calendar days.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at (956)665-8880 and/or [email protected]
UTRGV is a distributed location institution and working location is subject to change based on need.
All UTRGV employees are required to have a criminal background check (CBC). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Substitutions to the above requirements must have prior approval from the Chief Human Resources Officer.
To apply, visit https://careers.utrgv.edu/postings/19702
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency