Agile Program Manager
Agile Program Manager
Job Number: 81281
Would you like to help shape the future of Stanford's School of Medicine as one of the most prestigious schools in the world? Join our Information Resources & Technology team in leading and changing medicine as we know it today. We are looking for energetic self-starters who want to make a contribution as an Agile Program Manager to drive and support initiatives in the Office of Information Resources & Technology. Stanford University is an employer of choice in the Silicon Valley, sitting next to, and interacting with the world's preeminent high tech companies. We offer a variety of benefits beyond traditional medical, dental retirement and savings options. This is a culture where you can make a difference working alongside some of the brightest and advanced thinkers in the world.
We're seeking an experienced Agile Program Manager to introduce and evolve an agile approach to large, complex projects and initiatives of strategic importance for the Office of Information Resources and Technology (IRT). This person will partner with the Process Improvement Manager and another Agile Program Manager, as well as product owners and other stakeholders to optimize the delivery of work and the advancement of a Lean and continuous learning culture.
The Agile Program Manager is a full-time, continuing, benefits-eligible position reporting to the Process Improvement Manager.
This position currently works in Stanford Research Park in Palo Alto. We anticipate that this position will move to the new Stanford Redwood City campus in May - June, 2019.
* - Other duties may also be assigned
- Knowledge and significant experience with Agile, Scrum, Kanban, Lean and Continuous Learning.
- Strong understanding of the software development lifecycle and methodologies.
- Certification as a Scrum Master
- Experience leading scrum teams developing large, complex software applications with strategic importance.
- ScrumMaster Certification
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):
Bachelor's degree and five years of relevant experience, or combination of education and relevant experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
- Demonstrated ability to establish priorities, manage shifting priorities, and handle numerous time-sensitive projects with multiple deadlines.
- Ability to accomplish goals working through formal and informal channels, with diplomacy and tactfulness.
- Demonstrated creativity, problem solving, critical analysis, initiative, judgment and, decision-making skills.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and meet budget goals.
- Demonstrated solid planning and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated experience working independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Strong relevant subject matter knowledge.
- Ability to direct the work of others, for jobs requiring supervision.
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Frequently stand/walk, sitting, grasp lightly/fine manipulation.
- Occasionally use a telephone.
- Rarely lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh 11-20 pounds.
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
Location: School of Medicine, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency