UX Research & Web Specialist
UX Research & Web Specialist
Job Number: 81268
UX Research and Web Specialist Job Code: 4815 Job Grade: H FTE: 100%, Non-Exempt, 2-Year Fixed Term
School of Engineering, Department of Management Science & Engineering, Stanford Technology Ventures Program
The School of Engineering
Stanford Engineering has been at the forefront of innovation for nearly a century, creating pivotal technologies that have transformed the worlds of information technology, communications, health care, energy, business and beyond. Our faculty and students are creative risk-takers who pursue excellence across a breadth of disciplines. Our alumni include some of the world's most successful leaders in technology and business. Our staff are critical to enabling Stanford Engineering to accomplish its mission: seeking solutions to some of the world's most urgent challenges and educating leaders who will make the world a better place through the power of engineering principles, techniques and systems.
The Stanford Technology Ventures Program (stvp.stanford.edu) is the entrepreneurship center in Stanford's School of Engineering, within the department of Management Science & Engineering. With a startup-like culture, STVP is a lab that creates research as well as innovative entrepreneurship education opportunities for Stanford students. Our work includes the delivery of affiliated courses, scholarly research, fellowships, and extracurricular programs, along with accelerating entrepreneurship and innovation education around the world through faculty development programs, industry collaborations and content creation for the Stanford eCorner platform (ecorner.stanford.edu) and other digital platforms.
Reporting to STVP's Digital Product Manager, the UX Research and Web Specialist supports the development, testing, user interface design and maintenance of Stanford eCorner, and all other STVP digital sites and experiences. The Specialist will design and execute site/feature testing programs and analyze and present user behavior and site performance data. The Specialist will also be responsible for writing testing scripts, drafting suggested UI copy, making timely and accurate site updates, proactively seeking out and offering technical guidance to improve systems and experiences and supporting project management activities and process improvements.
The ideal candidate is organized, driven, and technically-minded, with an interest in the topics of entrepreneurship and innovation. If you have self-awareness and ability to tie your work into the goals of the team as a whole, if you are adaptable and resilient, eager to test ideas and seize opportunities, and an ever-curious learner, then STVP may be a perfect fit for you. Working with STVP staff, faculty, and external collaborators you will play a vital role in helping to deliver on our mission to develop the entrepreneurial mindset in organizations and individuals around the world.
Your responsibilities include:
To be successful in this position, you will bring:
- Bachelor's degree or combination of education and relevant experience.
- Requires knowledge of computer system capabilities.
- Hands-on design skills.
- Experience in current Web technologies.
- Understanding of HTML, CSS, wire framing tools and visual design software.
- Knowledge of delivering mobile solutions, responsive design across platforms and devices.
- Knowledge of WC3 (World Wide Web consortium) and related standards, including accessibility.
- Skill in conducting user research, user testing, usability testing and analysis.
- Skill in developing specifications and mockups using UI design tools and/or programming in web application languages.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, including the ability to bridge functional and technical resources by communicating effectively with individuals of varying systems expertise
- Ability to document business scenarios or requirements and create mockups.
- Proven problem solving and analytical thinking and ability to approach problems logically and systematically.
In addition, preferred requirements include:
- Experience navigating projects with multiple stakeholders
- Demonstratable experince with user research, user research and testing protocols and design
- Familiarity with data analytics tools, such as Google Analytics
- Familiarity with content management systems, such as WordPress
*Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
Why Stanford is for You
Imagine a world without search engines or social platforms. Consider lives saved through first-ever organ transplants and research to cure illnesses. Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks empower you with:
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall, or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more!
How to Apply
We invite you to apply for this position by clicking on the “Apply for Job” button. To be considered, please submit a cover letter and resume along with your online application. Your one-page cover letter should briefly describe your editorial and content development background and provide examples of your experience with attention to detail, responsiveness, and decision-making.
Location: School of Engineering, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency