HEAD COACH - Women's Intercollegiate Soccer
Centralia College is accepting applications for the position of Head Coach for Women’s Soccer. This position reports to the Director of Athletics and works with campus departments, and athletic commissioners to ensure compliance with all rules and regulations of the Northwest Athletic Conference (NWAC) in areas including, but not limited to; recruiting, letters of intent, eligibility, scheduling and travel, and preparing student-athletes for competition.
- Conduct the Women’s Soccer program in accordance with the established rules and regulations of Centralia College and the NWAC.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of all eligibility rules and assist the athletic department staff with assuring that all student-athletes are aware of the rules, and that all appropriate information regarding eligibility is shared with the Director of Athletics.
- Recruit quality student-athletes in accordance with the rules and regulations of the college and the NWAC.
- Promote a positive environment for learning and development that supports the goals and objectives of the department’s Academic Success Program, and assists student-athletes with achieving their academic goals.
- Make recommendations to the Director of Athletics for assistant coaching assignments and establish individual responsibilities of her/his coaching staff.
- Assist with the development of a competitive contest schedule, and a comprehensive practice plan.
- Assist game management personnel with all preparations for event support at all home contests.
- Assist with the planning for all team travel in conjunction with athletic department staff, to include the safe transport of team members to all away contests.
- Make recommendations to the Director of Athletics regarding the awarding of letters of intent and financial awards.
- Provide comprehensive instruction regarding individual skill development and team strategies specific to the sport of soccer.
- Make recommendations for the purchase of uniforms and equipment, following the college’s purchasing procedures. Maintain inventory for all team equipment.
- Assist with the development and implementation of an annual fundraising plan to support women’s soccer and the athletic department.
- Ensure timely submission of all reports, contest results, and statistical information.
- Attend all required department meetings, and all associated NWAC coaches meetings.
- Demonstrated successful coaching experience in the sport of soccer at the high school, advanced club, or college level.
- Demonstrated understanding of FIFA and intercollegiate soccer rules and regulations.
- Knowledge of NWAC rules and regulations
- Current First Aid/CPR Certification (or ability to obtain upon hiring)
- Current unrestricted Washington State driver’s license, with proof of insurability (or ability to obtain upon hiring)
- Ability to successfully complete the NWAC Coaches Certification within one month of hire.
- Commitment to a philosophy promoting student success.
- Excellent communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in physical education or related field
- Previous college coaching experience
- National/State certification
- Experience with student/athletes