Full-time Business System Analyst/ Hispanic Serving Institution (HSI) System Analyst
Chemeketa Community College welcomes applications for a full-time Business System Analyst/ Hispanic Serving Institution (HSI) System Analyst (2 positions)
Closing Date: Friday, December 14th, 2018 at 11:59PM
You would be challenged to find a college that matters more to its community than Chemeketa means to the residents of Oregon’s Mid-Willamette Valley. If you can affirm our mission to provide opportunities for students to explore, learn, and succeed through quality educational experiences and workforce training, then Chemeketa will be a rewarding workplace to fulfill your potential and contribute your expertise.
The Community We Serve
Chemeketa Community College is the third largest post-secondary institution in Oregon, with approximately 29,000 students enrolled from a diversity of backgrounds. Chemeketa has seven locations, Salem campus, Yamhill Valley campus, Brooks Regional Training facility, Woodburn center, Polk center, Center for Business & Industry and Viticulture at Eola. Chemeketa's district encompasses nearly 2,700 square miles of the Mid- Willamette Valley and includes all of Marion, Polk, and most of Yamhill counties with a small portion of Linn County. About 465,000 citizens live in the district, with Salem, the capitol city of the state of Oregon, comprising the largest single concentration of citizens.
We are a college community enriched by the diversity of our students, staff, and community members. Each individual and group has the potential to contribute in our learning environment. Each has dignity. To diminish the dignity of one is to diminish the dignity of us all.
What We Have to Offer
The college also provides an excellent benefits package, which includes medical, dental, and vision coverage (subject to employee and college collective bargaining agreements). Other benefits also include generous vacation/holidays as well as: life, and disability insurance and membership in the Public Employee Retirement System (PERS) or Oregon Public Services Retirement Plan (OPSRP).
- Initial salary placement would rarely extend beyond step 3, $4,809.61/mo.
The successful candidate will have:
Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in any field
Five (5) years of relevant full time work experience
- Work in a self-directed and self-motivated manner as well as to work in a team-oriented and collaborative environment
- Clearly communicate information verbally and in writing to non-technical staff
- Analyze and solve complex problems
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks across multiple projects in a constantly changing environment
- Ability to learn and apply new technologies
- Manage projects including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate into application and operational requirements
- Ability to pay keen attention to detail
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administrations, Computer Science, Information Technology or related field
- Full time work experience in a Business Services/Office, Finance, Student Financial Services, Budget or other similar department at a college or university
- Experience in a Finance, Student and/or Financial Aid module of an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system of higher education (such as Ellucian's Banner, Datatel, PeopleSoft, etc.) as a functional end user
- Experience providing technical assistance to functional users
- Experience with business intelligence, data analytic or data reporting tools such as: Argos, Cognos, Crystal Reports, etc.
- Experience in facilitiating development, implementation and maintenance of systems
- Familiarity with privacy practices and laws (e.g. FERPA, PCIDSS, Red Flag, etc.)
- Experience with DegreeWorks, Nelnet Business Solutions and/or other e-commerce system
To be considered for this position, a complete online application is required. For complete information on this and other job opportunities, please visit our web site at http://jobs.chemeketa.edu.
We are an EO/AA/ADA institution