Adjunct Associate Librarian
Master's degree in Library Science OR the equivalent, earned doctorate desirable.
Adjunct Associate Librarian
Under the general supervision and direction of the Division Dean for Languages, Library, and Learning Resources, the primary responsibility of this position is to perform a wide variety of professional library services, to supervise clerical and student staff, and to instruct in the use of the library and its resources and services.
Responsibilities and Duties
1. Provide reference and information services to students, staff and other library users.
2. Teach library courses, give lectures on library use and orientation tours to students, and provide library related workshops.
3. Recommend books, periodicals, audiovisual software, computer software, and other library materials for purchase.
4. Prepare bibliographies and advise library users of appropriate materials.
5. Prepare other types of library resource guides for faculty and student use.
6. Participate in the evaluation of library service areas and functions make recommendations for improved policies, procedures, and services.
7. Resolve issues and complaints related to Library services.
8. Plan, coordinate, promote and oversee Library events and functions.
9. Participate in the evaluation of course offerings, including the preparation of new and revised courses and course outlines.
10. Keep current with new developments and knowledge in appropriate fields of competency, including the Internet, Web page development, and online and database searching and management.
11. Attend faculty, Division, or other on-campus meetings as required.
12. Maintain control of and order equipment, materials, and supplies as assigned.
13. Report to the Division Dean any condition which might jeopardize the health or safety of students or the public.
14. Be familiar with and act in accordance with the Education Code and Board of Trustees' Policies and Procedures.
15. Perform such other duties as assigned.
Demonstrated successful experience as a librarian in reference work, course work, and experience in a wide range of professional services.
Sensitivity to and demonstrated success working in a diverse academic, socio-economic, cultural, disability, and ethnic environment such as a community college.
Demonstrated experience as a librarian, at the postsecondary level, preferably at the Community College.
Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
Demonstrated wide variety of interests and activities in college, professional and community groups.
Demonstrated knowledge of teaching-learning processes including special familiarity with individualizing instruction; online and database searching and other computerized library applications.
Demonstrated skills in understanding, using and teaching online integrated library systems.
Demonstrated experience in technical services areas, including cataloging and classification using OCLC.
Demonstrated ability to adapt strategies and techniques to different levels of students' ability and learning styles.
Demonstrated ability to adapt strategies and techniques to students from different cultures and ethnic groups.
Demonstrated ability to use innovative and creative techniques and equipment.
Demonstrated leadership ability and desire to stay current in the field.
Demonstrated leadership and ability to work with community groups and the schools in order to coordinate the educational program with the needs of the community.
Demonstrated ability to be organized and efficient.
Demonstrated management skills including coaching and conflict resolution.
Desire and willingness to make the educational programs successful.
Ability to teach in a large lecture format.
Expertise in the use of computers for teaching and management of online course information.
Familiarity and ability to teach in a distance learning environment.
Ability to teach in a technologically rich environment.
Maximum Salary : US Dollar (USD) 79.07
Minimum Salary: US Dollar (USD) 51.91
External Closing Date: Dec 1, 2018
External Opening Date: Nov 9, 2018
To Apply, visit:
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
Share this job with your network:
Learn more on Inside Higher Ed's College Page for University