6814 Chief Information Officer (Administrator IV)
San Diego State University is seeking an exceptional strategic leader with extensive knowledge and a comprehensive background in information technology to serve as the Chief Information Officer (CIO). The CIO is the University’s principal technology strategist and leader. In collaboration with University leaders and stakeholders, they lead technology transformation across the University and ensure efficient deployment of stable, reliable, and secure technology infrastructure and systems serving educational, research, and administrative functions.
Using superior communication, consultation, and advocacy skills, the CIO shapes the University’s technology vision and leads the University’s technological development to advance institutional strategic goals. The CIO provides direct oversight of Information Technology Operations, Information Technology Security, and Application Services. They serve as Chair of the University Council of IT Managers and provide leadership to information technology personnel at the divisional and departmental levels.
For more information regarding the Office of the President, please click here.
To learn more about the position including how to apply, please click here.
Compensation and Benefits
San Diego State University will offer a competitive salary based on the qualifications and experience of the selected candidate.
San Diego State University offers a rich benefits package that includes:
- Extensive leave benefits: 14 paid holidays, 24 vacation days, and 12 sick days per year
- Retirement security through a CalPERS defined benefit pension and retiree healthcare benefits
- An array of health, dental and vision coverage at no- or low-cost to the employee
- California State University system fee reduction program (fee waiver) for employee or qualified dependent
See our benefits page for comprehensive information on our robust benefits package.
- Undergraduate degree from an accredited college or university; advanced degree preferred
- Ten or more years of information technology leadership experience including experience at the senior- or executive-level; experience in a higher education environment preferred
- Extensive experience managing and leading a large team of information technology personnel; experience managing in a collective bargaining environment preferred
- Demonstrated leadership experience with the implementation and management of enterprise systems and services
- Demonstrated experience with and/or commitment to working effectively with individuals from diverse backgrounds and historically underrepresented groups
To apply for this position, please select the link below on this website.
You must submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button. If you need assistance completing your application, please click here.
Applicants with disabilities requiring assistance may call (619) 594-6390.
All management and executive employees shall be required to provide a written statement to the appropriate administrator of any and all outside employment. Employees shall also provide a written statement of outside employment if a written request by an administrator is made.
The person holding this position is considered a ‘mandated reporter’ under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
San Diego State University is not a sponsoring agency for staff or management positions (e.g., H-1B visa). Applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. Offers of employment are contingent upon the presentation of documents that demonstrate a person's identity and authorization to work in the United States, which are consistent with the provisions of the Immigration Reform and Control Act.
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with the CSU. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
SDSU is a smoke free campus. For more information, please click here.
SDSU is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against persons on the basis of race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, age, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, or covered veteran status.