Director, Transfer Center and High School Outreach
Director, Transfer Center and High School Outreach
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
12/21/2018 11:59 PM Pacific
Under general direction, the Director, Transfer Center and High School Outreach is responsible for providing leadership and directing the operation of the Transfer Center and High School Outreach program. This includes developing and implementing program plans, policies and procedures to support College goals and comply with state and federal mandates; developing and managing operational budgets; supervising and training assigned staff; monitoring student progress; preparing reports and evaluating program effectiveness; and facilitating an environment of inclusiveness and equity-mindedness.
• Manage program operations, including planning, training, supervision, budget management, and program evaluation for the Chaffey College Transfer Center and High School Outreach program.
• Develop program-specific goals to support College priorities and comply with applicable state and federal regulations; design and implement procedures, services and activities required to achieve individual program goals; develop and implement strategies for marketing, recruitment and outreach; collaborate with faculty, student services personnel, community/government agencies and transfer institutions to address transfer students' needs.
• Develop and manage operational budgets; recommend specific needs for staffing, facilities and capital expenditures to support identified program goals. Supervise, train and evaluate personnel assigned to the Transfer Center and High School Outreach Program.
• Collaborate with counselors, faculty, matriculation personnel, and students to address transfer students' needs for information, academic guidance, and application assistance; develop strategies to promote transfer opportunities to all students; address unique needs of underrepresented students and identify resources for students with special needs. In conjunction with the articulation officer, maintain/present current documentation on course articulation issues. Chair Transfer Center and Outreach advisory committees.
• Collaborate with local colleges and universities to facilitate Chaffey College transfers; develop transfer agreements, establish and maintain regular communication with outreach/admissions personnel; coordinate recruitment activities, transfer fairs, and college visits.
• Facilitate pathways for high school students to career technical and transfer programs.
• Establish and oversee procedures for tracking students and monitoring their progress toward transfer; collect, and report data reflecting students' transfer readiness and college transfer rates; comply with state reporting requirements; maintain/update as appropriate the College's Transfer Plan.
• Attend regional meetings, transfer activity workshops, and local and state conferences.
• Serve as liaison between student services, instructional programs, and other college offices/departments to develop strategies to enhance and improve communication and working relationships; in conjunction with college faculty,
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Master's degree AND one (1) year of formal training, internship, or leadership experience reasonably related to the position.
• Clear evidence of sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
• Understanding of supervision, budgeting, and program coordination.
• Knowledge of:
◦	Current practices in the organization and facilitation of college and university transfer and high school admissions requirements.
◦	Principles of supervision, training and employee evaluation.
◦	Financial and statistical record keeping.
• Ability to:
◦	Work with a diverse population of students, faculty, and staff to plan, develop, and implement programs and services related to the assigned areas.
◦	Evaluate needs, present recommendations, and make oral and written presentations.
◦	Work effectively in meeting educational and cultural needs of citizens with widely diverse backgrounds, abilities, interests and goals.
◦	Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with students, faculty, staff, and others contacted in the course of performing assigned duties.
◦	To supervise, train and evaluate staff.
◦	Represent the College at a variety of venues including transfer institutions, high schools, community and business organizations.
• At least one year of supervisory or managerial experience in a two- to four-year college or university student service setting in a reasonably related assignment.
• Knowledge of admissions and transfer processes between community colleges and four-year colleges and universities.
• Understanding and utilization of computerized research methods, including collection and statistical compilation of data, as well as procedures for tracking and maintaining student records.
• Experience in planning and supervising the coordination of events to serve a multi-ethnic underrepresented and non-traditional student body, staff, and community.
• Experience in serving as a community liaison.
• Familiarity with techniques used to recruit, motivate, and retain students in college academic programs.
Working hours: Monday ­ Friday, 7:30am­ - 4:30pm. Hours may vary according to the assignment.
ChaffeyCollege recently implemented an online electronic application system. Our new application can be accessed athttps://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/chaffey. The application must be completely filled out in detail and clearly show that you meet the qualifications as set forth in the announcement, and you must upload the following documents:
Please do not include any additional documents only the documents that are indicated below. If you upload documents that are not required, your application may be disqualified. Please do not submit letters of recommendation or documents that contain your photograph.
• Cover Letter
• Professional Reference List(Include names, current addresses, phone numbers, and email addresses)
• Copy of Transcripts(Transcripts must indicate degree earned/conferred ­ photocopies or computer printouts are acceptable. Transcripts of all degrees applicable to meeting the minimum qualifications for this position must be included. Copies of diplomas/degrees are NOT acceptable in lieu of transcripts. Official sealed transcripts will be required upon hire.Foreign transcripts must be transcribed and evaluated in English by a bona fide evaluation service. Educational requirements must be met on or before the closing date.)
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
This is a full­-time, 12-­month, management position, Level III, Range 23 of the Management Salary Schedule with starting salary of Step A, $8,975/month. Effective date of employment will be as soon as a successful candidate is selected and a mutually agreed upon date is determined.
EXCEPTIONAL BENEFITS PACKAGE
Health care, dental program, and vision services for employees and eligible dependents; employee life insurance; sick leave;and retirement coverage through the Public Employees'Retirement System (PERS).
To Apply, visit:
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency