Assistant Director of Career Ventures - Employer Engagement
Assistant Director of Career Ventures Employer Engagement Consulting, Finance, Business and Government
Job Number: 81248
Business Title: Assistant Director of Career Ventures
Employer Engagement: Consulting, Finance, Business and Government
Job Title: Student Services Officer 3
Job Code: 7503
Job Grade: I
Priority Deadline: December 7, 2018
BEAM, Stanford Career Education
Career Educators at BEAM connect students with the people and knowledge needed to help them explore career paths, identify and apply for opportunities, and cultivate personalized networks that shape their professional journey. BEAM is seeking an Assistant Director of Career Ventures to lead Employer Engagement with companies in the Consulting, Finance, Business and Government Industries.
Reporting to the Assistant Dean and Associate Director of Career Ventures, the Assistant Director of Career Ventures is responsible for helping to provide Stanford students with the information, experience and connections needed on their journey toward meaningful work. They do this by cultivating relationships with employers from various sectors, creating educational, experiential and connection events for engagement between employers and students, and by meeting with students as the Industry Specialist in Consulting, Finance, Business and Government.
Your responsibilities include:
- Develop and execute Employer Engagement strategy and plans for Consulting, Finance, Business and Government Industries
- Develop the strategy and plan for employer engagement to increase internship and employment opportunities for students in Consulting, Finance, Business and Government industries.
- Implement programs and systems to engage employers in the campus community
- Develop relationships and collaborate with various campus departments and student groups to fully engage the university network of stakeholders and enhance student connections to employers and opportunities.
- Cultivate a network of industry experts who can assist in developing students understanding of Consulting, Finance, Business and Government industries
- Evaluate and implement resources and tools that enhance and accelerate the networking and connections process for employers and students
- Act as Industry Specialist for Consulting, Finance, Business and Government Industries
- Provide direct advice and career coaching to students, alumni and post docs in relation to career plans, career connections and job search needs
- Share industry insights and advice with internal BEAM teams and campus partners
- Support Stanford and the broader BEAM team in preparing students for their transition from Campus to Career
- Serve on and lead committees and task force groups to design, implement, and evaluate programs
- Direct the work of student employees and contribute to development of the BEAM Industry Associate as they facilitate employer-student engagement and support the specific industry sector
- Utilize social media and technology to brand Career Ventures and increase awareness of career resources, programs, opportunities, and meaningful connections for employers, students, and alumni
- Develop and share print, web, and mobile resources relevant to students, alumni, postdocs, and employers.
- Collaborate in center-wide initiatives, such as open houses, career fairs, meetups, and programs for various constituent groups
To be successful in this position, you will bring:
- A Bachelor's degree in a related field and five years of relevant experience, or combination of education and relevant experience
- Knowledge and experience working with or for employers in the Consulting, Finance, Business and Government industries
- Entrepreneurial, creative, and innovative spirit; comfort with change, ambiguity, and risk in a fast pace environment
- Proven ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of internal and external constituents in a complex and collaborative environment
- Program / event planning and execution experience
- Knowledge of trends in internships, employment, and industry networks
- Data driven mindset
- A positive, team-oriented approach
In addition, our preferred requirements include:
- Demonstrated passion and experience in employment and career development including knowledge of relevant print and web resources and publications
- Master's degree in Education, Business, or related field is preferred
Why Stanford is for You
Imagine a world without search engines or social platforms. Consider lives saved through first-ever organ transplants and research to cure illnesses. Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks empower you with:
Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
A healthier you. Climb our rock wall, or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more!
How to Apply
We invite you to apply for this position by clicking on the “Apply for Job” button. To be considered, please submit a cover letter and resume along with your online application.
Location: Vice Provost for Student Affairs, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency