Vice President for Strategic Research
The Arkansas State University (ASU) System seeks applications for the position of Vice President for Strategic Research. The Vice President for Strategic Research reports to the President of the ASU System and is responsible for the management of the ASU System strategic initiatives including collection, management, analysis and dissemination of data.
The position has a broad responsibility for the System’s strategic research function including developing, enhancing, and maintaining information resources to facilitate data-driven decision-making; working closely with the chancellors and campus research staff to reach consensus on strategic data policy; responding to a variety of information requests by internal and external constituents, including the Legislature and the Arkansas Department of Higher Education; and serving as the agency’s liaison to multiple external entities.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provides broad leadership for the System’s effective use of information resources to facilitate data collection and dissemination, data analytics, and performance metrics.
- Develops and maintains a System data warehouse to include human resource, finance and student outcome information.
- Develops and maintains a System dashboard of performance metrics to increase accountability.
- Works closely with constituents to ensure accurate and consistent data is available to meet their needs relative for long-term planning and decision-making.
- Manages the academic cost accounting model of the System and provides support to the Chief Academic Officers of the System.
- Oversees the development of special studies and briefings to meet the information needs of internal agency staff, policymakers, university constituents, and others as needed.
- Works closely with the campus Institutional Research (IR) staff and Chief Information Officers (CIO) group and facilitates the coordination and completion of projects as needed.
- Performs additional duties as needed to support the strategic mission of the System.
Knowledge of academic curriculum and departmental protocols is preferred.
Knowledge of research methods and statistics.
Demonstrated interpersonal skills, including customer service, analytical thinking, active-listening and problem-solving.
Monday - Friday
8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Additional hours as requested and/or needed
Regular and reliable attendance
Priority consideration for candidates will begin on Wednesday, December 12th, 2018.
This position is located with our Systems Office in Little Rock Arkansas.
Graduate degree from a four-year college or university is preferred
Three (3) to five (5) years related experience and/or training in higher education management or an equivalent combination of formal training and experience is also preferred.
Extensive work experience in data analytics and/or strategic planning is preferred.