Undergraduate Admission Counselor
Founded in 1869, Chatham University is a fully coed institution with an enrollment of over 2,200 students and over 60 undergraduate and graduate programs in our areas of excellence: sustainability; health & lab sciences; business & communication; and the arts & humanities. Chatham is the alma mater of environmental icon Rachel Carson (Class of '29), and is recognized as a leader in the field of sustainability, having been selected as one of the Top 50 Green Colleges by The Princeton Review; ranked in the top five nationally for sustainability achievements in the Sustainability Tracking, Assessment & Rating System™ (STARS); and mentioned in a 2012 Forbes article as one of the places "contributing to Pittsburgh's transformation into a destination for green living."
Building on these accomplishments, Chatham opened in 2014 the world's first fully sustainable campus in higher education, Eden Hall Campus. Consistently ranked as a best college by U.S. News & World Report in the Regional Universities North category, Chatham consists of the School of Health Sciences; the Falk School of Sustainability & Environment; the School of Arts, Science and Business; and the School of Continuing & Professional Studies.
To help support the work of the University we have an immediate opening for two Undergraduate Admission Counselors.
The Undergraduate Admission Counselors report to the Associate Director for Undergraduate Admission.
This position serves as a member of the Office of Admission Undergraduate Admission Team and is primarily responsible for the recruitment and retention of undergraduate first year students to achieve enrollment goals.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages recruitment territory as assigned by the VP of Enrollment Management/Associate Director of Admission to reach recruitment goals.
- Plans travel and conducts visits to high schools, college fairs and community-based organizations or businesses in order to recruit students.
- Maintains flexible office hours on-campus and off-site during which time he/she is available to interview students, review applications, evaluate pertinent documentation and make admission decisions on assigned student applications.
- Develops and maintains positive relationships with students, parents and high school stake holders (guidance counselors and administrators), community-based organizations and business personnel.
- Counsels students and their families on programs, services, and financial resources available at Chatham University.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum of two years admissions, external sales or customer service experience. Prior enrollment or student ambassador experience with undergraduate populations preferred.
- Experience with selective academic and athletic recruitment preferred.
- Knowledge of TalismaCRM and CampusVue student information systems a plus.
Chatham University offers a competitive salary, an excellent benefits package, including tuition remission for qualified personnel, and a generous retirement plan.
Interested candidates should visit www.chatham.edu/careers and follow the instructions to complete the application process. To ensure full consideration, please submit a cover letter addressing the qualifications of the position, resume, and contact information for three professional references.
Chatham University is an Equal Opportunity Employer