International Admission Counselor
Founded in 1869, Chatham University is a fully coed institution with an enrollment of over 2,200 students and over 60 undergraduate and graduate programs in our areas of excellence: sustainability; health & lab sciences; business & communication; and the arts & humanities. Chatham is the alma mater of environmental icon Rachel Carson (Class of '29), and is recognized as a leader in the field of sustainability, having been selected as one of the Top 50 Green Colleges by The Princeton Review; ranked in the top five nationally for sustainability achievements in the Sustainability Tracking, Assessment & Rating System™ (STARS); and mentioned in a 2012 Forbes article as one of the places "contributing to Pittsburgh's transformation into a destination for green living."
Building on these accomplishments, Chatham opened in 2014 the world's first fully sustainable campus in higher education, Eden Hall Campus. Consistently ranked as a best college by U.S. News & World Report in the Regional Universities North category, Chatham consists of the School of Health Sciences; the Falk School of Sustainability & Environment; the School of Arts, Science and Business; and the School of Continuing & Professional Studies.
To help support the work of the University we have an immediate opening for an International Admission Counselor.
The International Admission Counselor reports to the Vice President for Enrollment Management.
The International Admission Counselor will represent the University and recruit prospective degree-seeking and non-degree seeking international students with diverse backgrounds from around the world.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the selection and enrollment processes for non-U.S. citizens and U.S. citizens living abroad.
- Lead the recruitment of international students and maintain quality of service to inquiries and applicants including accurate and timely follow up and engagement.
- Participate in international and domestic recruitment activities as needed, including travel to regional, national and international schools, language centers, colleges and institutional partners.
- Maintain working knowledge of policies and procedures regarding visa issuance, student exchange regulations, custom and immigration enforcement regulations and adherence to both governmental and university standards and practices.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- A valid driver's license and passport are required.
- Previous experience in admissions, school counseling, or international education is preferred.
Chatham University offers a competitive salary, an excellent benefits package, including tuition remission for qualified personnel, and a generous retirement plan.
Interested candidates should visit www.chatham.edu/careers and follow the instructions to complete the application process. To ensure full consideration, please submit a cover letter addressing the qualifications of the position, resume, and contact information for three professional references.
Chatham University is an Equal Opportunity Employer