Multiple Open-Rank, Tenured or Tenure-Track Faculty Positions in Computer Science and Engineering
UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH CAROLINA
College of Engineering and Computing
Department of Computer Science and Engineering
Multiple Open-Rank, Tenured or Tenure-Track Faculty Positions
The Department of Computer Science and Engineering (http://cse.sc.edu) seeks multiple tenured and tenure-track faculty members at all ranks and in all areas for Fall 2019. Applicants are expected to:
- Possess a Ph.D. degree in computer science, computer engineering, or a closely-related field by the beginning date of employment, and a demonstrated record of research accomplishments.
- Demonstrate evidence of commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion through research, teaching, and/or service efforts.
- Develop internationally-recognized, externally-funded research programs that: (1) complement existing departmental strengths, (2) leverage exceptional interdisciplinary collaboration opportunities, and (3) align with vital college-level, cross-cutting research themes including smart & connected communities, transformative computing, healthcare transformations, and agile manufacturing (for details on these initiatives, please visit: http://cec.sc.edu/employment).
Applicants from all traditional as well as non-traditional and interdisciplinary areas of Computer Science and Engineering are urged to apply. Research areas of special interest include:
- Human in the loop or knowledge-enhanced AI, deep learning, natural language processing, question-answering/conversational AI, brain-inspired computing, semantic/cognitive/perceptual computing;
- Big data - including social, sensor, biological, and health - and scalable computing/analysis of big data;
- Computer vision, robotics, and human-computer interaction Including personal digital/assistive technology;
- Cyber-physical systems and Internet of Things;
- Software analysis and testing, adaptive and autonomous systems, and search-based software engineering; and
- Next generation networking, cybersecurity, and privacy
The Department of Computer Science and Engineering offers B.S. degrees in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, and Computer Engineering; M.S. and Ph.D. degrees in Computer Science and Computer Engineering; M.S. degrees in Software Engineering and Information Security; and a Graduate Certificate in Cyber Security Studies. The Department has 23 full-time faculty members (10 of whom are NSF CAREER Award recipients), an undergraduate enrollment of 935 students, and a graduate enrollment of 161 students.
Review of applications will begin on December 1, 2018 and continue until positions are filled. Expected start date is August 16, 2019. Interested applicants should apply online at http://uscjobs.sc.edu/postings/43854 with a: (1) letter of intent, (2) curriculum vitae, (3) concise description of research plans, (4) teaching plan, and (5) names & contact information of 3-5 references.
The University of South Carolina does not discriminate in educational or employment opportunities on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, age, disability, protected veteran status or genetics.