Part-Time Office Assistant, Library
Responsible for providing a full range of clerical duties and responsibilities in the RCGC Library and for providing support to assigned area.
Examples of Duties:
- Performs varied clerical duties including work which requires the use of independent judgment and discretion.
- Handles all functions at the Circulation Desks - check-in/check-out materials, register/update library cards, etc., through online Library automation system. Uses computers, online databases, the World Wide Web, and electronic mail
- Processes and validates student/staff library cards and enters data into online library system.
- Compiles basic reports of library usage – gate count, people count, etc.
- Answers telephone and responds to questions, forwards calls, and makes outgoing calls.
- Shelves library materials according to LC Classification system.
- Responds to general inquiries and requests for information and forwards Reference inquiries to appropriate librarian.
- Refers students with computer issues, software, login and printing issues, etc. to appropriate staff.
- Works evenings and Saturdays as assigned.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- High school diploma (Associate's Degree preferable), plus advanced training in office procedures and/or library science
- High level of proficiency in PC operations, Microsoft Office suite, World Wide Web, and online systems
- Ability to troubleshoot computers and instruct students on word processing and computing functions
- High-level customer service skills for dealing with students, faculty, and visitors to the Library
- Strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality.