Specialist III, Student Services
Commitment to Mission:
This job carries with it the obligation to uphold the Mission of Lone Star College (LSC) in carrying out the duties of the position. A commitment to positive interpersonal behaviors, professional communication, diversity, integrity, leadership, stewardship, respect and accountability to LSC students and employees is essential.
- Students Matter
- Inspire Excellence
- Act Intentionally
- Better Together
- No Fear!
The Chronicle of Higher Education's "Great Colleges to Work For" is designed to recognize colleges that have been successful in creating great workplaces and to further research and understanding of the factors, dynamics and influences that have the most impact on organizational culture at higher education institutions.
Lone Star College was recognized in five areas: Confidence in Senior Leadership; Diversity; Facilities, Workspace & Security; Job Satisfaction; and Work/Life Balance.
Campus Marketing Statement:
Lone Star College-CyFair
Lone Star College offers high-quality, affordable academic transfer and career training education to 99,000 students each semester. LSC is training tomorrow's workforce today and redefining the community college experience to support student success. Stephen C. Head, Ph.D., serves as chancellor of LSC, the largest institution of higher education in the Houston area with an annual economic impact of nearly $3 billion.
LSC, which consists of six colleges, eight centers, two university centers, Lone Star Corporate College and LSC-Online, was named a 2017 Great Colleges to Work For by the Chronicle of Higher Education. To learn more, visit LoneStar.edu.
Located in suburban northwest Houston in the heart of the CyFair Community, the college provides a full range of offerings including unique programs in fire science technology, logistics management and sonography. Since opening our award winning campus in 2003, the college has experienced record growth and supports an exciting learning environment that brings together state-of-the-art technology and active, collaborative learning.
Campus address is 9191 Barker Cypress Road. Cypress, Texas. 77433-1383.
The Specialist III, Student Services is responsible for providing leadership and oversight over programs that support the daily operations of students and staff. Ensures excellent program service and staff development at several campus locations. This job exists because LSC strives to provide an opportunity for international students to advance their education and be part of a community greater than themselves.
- Provide new and prospective students with information about the ESOL program, assess student's placement test results, and place students in the appropriate program
- Serve as the Designated School Official for the F-1 Program advising students with immigration petitions and applications
- Collect graduation data for campuses, analyze student records for graduation purposes, process graduation status for students, sustain database for graduation, and conduct necessary processes for the commencement ceremonies
- Assist with coordinating Transfer Fairs and Transfer Center visits from in-state and out-of-state Universities advising transfer students and current students on course degree plan/program changes, and general questions; assist in coordinating "Find Out Fridays" each month
- Analyze student records and information to determine students' level of completion based on the various individual program plans
- Provide management and oversight of program for departmental and system-wide service and projects requiring analysis, review, implementation, maintenance, and development
- Create visual concepts that help build the brand of the college and department
- Maintain and conduct correspondence with students, advisors, department chairs, deans, directors, key staff members, professors, and VP's of Instruction to properly evaluate student records for completion purposes
- Provide periodic training to the Advising staff to update them on ESOL program procedures
- Provide a high level of advice to students in terms of explaining the degree/program types and options that LSC offers as well as disseminating information to students about all of the services that are available.
- Perform class visits to inform current students of registration dates and deadlines allowing them the opportunity to complete some steps early; attend all Job Connection events informing students about Transfer Fairs and Center events
- Create and conduct workshops and trainings for students and staff members communicating with students and advisors on unsuccessful program completions and analyze additional strategies to promote future increase in the level of completion rate.
- Create, organize, and maintain appropriate records needed for LSC to stay in compliance with local, state, and national authorities regarding completion rates
- Collaborate with area agencies, volunteer associations, schools, and other government organizations to address and meet program needs
- Communicate with the Human Resources department in implementing new procedures for the tracking of hiring process for international students
- Answer all inbound calls and trouble-shoot the student center to resolve student inquiries regarding the Admissions process, Advising, Registration, Business Office functions, as well as general inquiries; assist students with completing the admissions application and completing the new student checklist; vaccination requirement/waiver form, placement testing, new student orientation, etc.
- Assist with graduation ceremonies and coordinating all pre-graduation activities and events
- Responsible for other reasonable, related duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Demonstrated high-level communication and computer skills
- Must have strong customer service skills
- Demonstrated ability and commitment to work collaboratively
- Demonstrated ability to manage and lead change
- Demonstrated commitment to multicultural and multi-generational diversity
- Demonstrated commitment to the mission of the comprehensive community college
- Demonstrated commitment to quality service to students
- Minimal physical effort is required
Work Schedule & Conditions:
- Equipment used includes, PC workstation running on a LAN in a Microsoft Windows environment, word processing programs, Excel, calculator, phone and other general office equipment as required
- Internal and external contacts as needed to carry out the functions of the position
- Work is performed in a climate controlled office environment, readily accessible to the public; Some afternoon and evening hours will be required
Please go to your profile page. To add a file, select the "attachments" tab. Click on the "add" tab. Click "Browse" and select the file you want to attach. Then click "attach." It will redirect you back to the general profile page. Repeat steps to add additional documents.
Tips: You can only attach a maximum of five (5) files no larger than 2MB (2047 bytes) each. The total file capacity is 10MB. If your individual file exceeds the file limit, you will receive an error message. The search tool recruiter's use for candidates will not be able to analyze the content of some attached files, mostly image files, and compressed files (zip). The recommended file attachments are word or pdf files.
Please include the requisition number and your name in the title of your file. You must limit your file name to 40 characters or less.
Duration of Job Posting:
Position posted until filled
- High School Diploma or GED and at least 3 year of experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
By joining our top-notch institution, you will enjoy being a part of an organization that offers a supportive, collegial work environment and excellent work/life balance.
This includes 22-23 days paid holidays and up to 12 annual vacation days, full comprehensive benefits package, wellness program, professional development opportunities and more.
How to Apply:
ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY ONLINE ONLY!
We will not accept application material received via fax, email, mail, or hand delivered.
Postings for part-time and adjunct positions are active for the academic year. By selecting the option to receive notifications on your profile, you will begin receiving electronic communication regarding new opportunities with Lone Star College (LSC).
If selected for an interview, a recruiter will contact you by phone, or email to schedule an interview.
Lone Star College participates in the E-Verify program, under which Lone Star College provides the federal government with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm that the employee is authorized to work in the United States.
More information on the E-Verify program is available at www.dhs.gov/E-Verify
Lone Star College is an EEO Employer. All positions are subject to a criminal background check.
Primary Location: US-Texas-Cypress
Work Locations: 9191 Barker Cypress Rd (0500) , 9191 Barker Cypress Rd , Cypress , 77433
Job: Student Services
Organization: LSC Cy Fair - 05
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Required Documents: Cover Letter, Resume/Curriculum Vitae
Job Posting: Nov 1, 2018, 11:51:05 PM