Asst Professor - Deputy Director
University of Colorado - School of Medicine
The University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.
The START Center is a newly established program within the Department of Psychiatry that will provide a broad range of treatment services and perform psychosocial and translational research for children, adolescents and adults. The START will collaborate with multiple Departments and Schools throughout the Anchutz Medical Campus to provide cutting edge clinical services, and clinical and translational research.
The Program or Deputy Director will report to Center's Director and will be a faculty member in the Department of Psychiatry and School of Medicine. The successful candidate will have a doctorate level degree in psychology, social work or a related field. He/she will have a track record of providing and supervising trauma and stress specific treatment and in obtaining funding for clinical research. He/she will collaborate with the Center's director to develop a robust clinical treatment and research program, write grants and developing and maintaining collaborative relationships with campus and affiliate partners and community partners.
- Oversee and provide clinical service with the center's director
- Develop the infrastructure and conduct clinical research in areas of Stress and Trauma with the Center's Director and other faculty members
- Establish the strategic direction for the Center in collaboration with Department leadership and other stakeholders
- Develop training programs with the center's director and other faculty in the areas of stress and trauma for medical students, graduate students, Psychiatry residents and postdoctoral fellows, as well as community providers.
Critical Competencies for Success
Leadership: The successful candidate will have demonstrated leadership skills.
Relationship Building: The successful candidate must be able to build constructive relationships with others at Department of Psychiatry, the School of Medicine, other professional schools, hospital, affiliated programs and community organizations.
Other Personal Characteristics:
- The highest integrity and personal ethics.
- A commitment to community service.
- High level of writing and speaking skills.
The hiring salary for this position is negotiable and commensurate with skills and experience. Salary will be guaranteed for a minimum of 2 years with potential for additional year.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
Total Compensation Calculator: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/total-compensation
Diversity and Equity
Please click here for information on disability accommodations: http://www.ucdenver.edu/about/departments/HR/jobs/Pages/JobsatCUDenver.aspx
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
- License eligible in the State of Colorado
- A track record of clinical excellence and clinical research success
- Meeting the requirements for a faculty appointment at the Assistant or Associate Professor level.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID: 14804
When applying, applicants must include:
- A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
- A current Resume/CV
- The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document
Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 21323 - SOM-PSYCH-OTHR CLIN SVS-GEN OP
Posting Date: Sep 26, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Steven Berkowitz, MD
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
Position Number: 00754143