Instructor - Advanced Practice Provider (Pediatric Inpatient)
University of Colorado School of Medicine
University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus
Department of Pediatrics
Section of Hematology, Oncology, Bone Marrow Transplantation
Instructor - Advanced Practice Provider - Pediatric Inpatient
Position #754613 - Requisition #14796
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is a public research university serving more than 18,000 students. We award nearly 4,000 degrees each year, including more graduate and professional degrees than any other Colorado institution. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning faculty and renowned researchers, we offer more than 140 highly rated degree programs through 13 schools and colleges. The university receives over $400 million in research awards each year. In addition to the wide array of health-related programs and facilities offered at CU Anschutz in Aurora, Colo. a significant number of undergraduate and graduate degree programs are taught at CU Denver, our comprehensive campus in the heart of downtown Denver-one of America's most vibrant urban centers. CU Denver is located steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District affording our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus ranks among the top institutions nationally in clinical care, education and research. Its 230-acre campus, designed to enhance collaboration and interprofessional education, hosts the College of Nursing; the Schools of Dental Medicine, Medicine, Pharmacy, and Public Health; the Graduate School; a Health Sciences Library; and two hospitals. Strategically located contiguous to the campus are a biosciences research park and the soon-to-be-completed Veterans Hospital. CU Anschutz offers two undergraduate degrees, 35 graduate degrees, and five first-professional programs. More than 4,000 students learn alongside faculty members who also make meaningful medical discoveries and provide expert clinical care through 1.5 million patient-visits annually. A hub for research and innovation, CU Anschutz receives over $400 million in research awards each year and has filed 1,300 patent applications and formed 53 new companies since 2002.
A national leader in health care and life sciences, CU Anschutz is the only comprehensive academic health sciences center in Colorado and the largest in the Rocky Mountain region. Located in Aurora, Colo., it is one of the newest education, research and patient care facilities in the world. With six schools and colleges, CU Anschutz trains the health sciences workforce of the future by blending education, research and clinical care all in one place. This strategic collaboration among diverse health care fields allows knowledge to travel directly from the research bench to the patient's bedside. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding.
The Department of Pediatrics Section of Hematology, Oncology, Bone Marrow Transplantation has an opening for a full-time Instructor - Advanced Practice Provider position. This position will serve as a Faculty member of Peds Hem/Onc/BMT located on the Anschutz Medical Campus in Aurora. You will be based at the Center for Cancer and Blood Disorders (CCBD) Anschutz site of practice. You will have a 1.0 CFTE clinical effort.
Examples of Work Performed:
- Provide independent care of pediatric hematology-oncology patients on the inpatient hospital service, in partnership with the inpatient team.
- Provide independent care of pediatric hematology-oncology patients in the outpatient clinic and infusion center.
- Write chemotherapy orders in collaboration with physicians and advanced practice providers
- Provide coordination of care between the inpatient and outpatient settings
- Participate in the treatment of patients on clinical research protocols
- Coordinate multi-disciplinary care
- Coordinate and assist with education of new patients and families
- Participate in Quality/Safety, and Process Improvement Initiatives
- Provide educational support to nursing and support staff
- Perform procedures independently: Lumbar punctures with intrathecal chemotherapy administration and Bone marrow aspirations/biopsies
- This position will also have holiday, and weekend (approx. 4X/year) "call" responsibilities, for which time off during the week is not provided.
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will be responsible for travel expenses related to the interview process and any relocation expenses, if applicable.
Salary and Benefits:
The hiring salary for this position is $90,100 and is negotiable and commensurate with skills and experience. This position is not eligible for overtime compensation.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
Total Compensation Calculator: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/total-compensation (for questions, please contact [email protected])
Diversity and Equity:
Please click here for information on disability accommodations: http://www.ucdenver.edu/about/departments/HR/jobs/Pages/JobsatCUDenver.aspx
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
- Master's degree (MSN, MPAS)
- Nurse Practitioner (Pediatrics or Family) or Physician Assistant
- Eligible for licensure to practice within the state of Colorado
- Eligible for Prescriptive Authority; if not currently certified, completing this process will be required within the first year of employment
- Acute Care certification
Condition of Employment:
- Must successfully pass a drug test through Children's Hospital Colorado
- Must be willing and able to pass a national criminal background and sex offender registry check
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to effectively communicate clearly and effectively with staff and faculty within and outside the section, department and/or hospital
- Ability to communicate effectively with patients and families
- Strong organizational stills
- Strong advocacy skills
- Knowledge of best practices in patient safety and quality care
- Ability to write orders, including diagnostic tests, medications, care instructions, and adding to patients medical record
- Ability to perform procedures including but not limited to: lumbar punctures and bone marrow aspirates
- Experience in pediatric hematology-oncology
- Familiarity with medical Spanish
- Experience with clinical trials
Special Instructions to Applicants:Special Instructions to Applicants *Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. Required Application Materials: When applying at www.cu.edu/cu-careers, applicants must include: 1. A cover letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications 2. A current CV or resume 3. The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and email addresses for three professional references. Questions should be directed to Dr. Anna Franklin at [email protected]
Reference checks are a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including e-mail addresses, for up to 5 references if you are referred to the Hiring Authority for an interview. We will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references. Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:APPLICATION DEADLINE: - Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20877 - SOM-PEDS Hematology-Onc-GenOps
Posting Date: Sep 26, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Anna Franklin
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
Position Number: 00754613