Open Rank Faculty - Colorado Springs PICU
University of Colorado School of Medicine
University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
Department of Pediatrics - Section of Critical Care
Open Rank Faculty - Colorado Springs PICU
Position #754630 - Requisition #14795
*This position is located in Colorado Springs, Colorado. *
The University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus ranks among the top institutions nationally in clinical care, education and research. Its 230-acre campus, designed to enhance collaboration and interprofessional education, hosts the College of Nursing; the Schools of Dental Medicine, Medicine, Pharmacy, and Public Health; the Graduate School; a Health Sciences Library; and two hospitals. Strategically located contiguous to the campus are a biosciences research park and the Veterans Hospital. CU Anschutz offers two undergraduate degrees, 35 graduate degrees, and five first-professional programs. More than 4,000 students learn alongside faculty members who also make meaningful medical discoveries and provide expert clinical care through 1.5 million patient-visits annually. A hub for research and innovation, CU Anschutz receives over $400 million in research awards each year and has filed 1,300 patent applications and formed 53 new companies since 2002.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees. The University of Colorado Denver is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The Section of Pediatric Critical Care Medicine at the University of Colorado Denver seeks a board certified/board eligible pediatric intensivist to complement the clinical and administrative activities of the section in Colorado Springs. This is a full-time position including attending responsibilities in the 12-bed pediatric intensive care unit at Children's Hospital Colorado's new hospital. Final practice assignments and the allocation of effort will be dependent upon the staffing model designed and resources available.
Candidates will serve as an attending physician and provide care for critically ill children on the Critical Care service at Children's Hospital Colorado, Colorado Springs. In addition to the expected clinical shifts in the pediatric intensive care unit, candidates may be expected to pursue appropriate scholarship efforts in their area of interest and supervise advanced practice providers. Candidates may also be expected to lead hospital quality improvement projects and participate in hospital or department committees. Initial practice assignments will include an allocation of in-house shifts and at-home call to be determined by the Medical Director and staffing needs. Attending service assignments are subject to change to meet the needs of patients.
Clinical Service Responsibilities:
- Provide high quality, evidence-based critical care to children in the PICU
- Manage operations of the PICU while on service
- Support key stakeholders in developing appropriate care delivery mechanisms and joint operational efficiencies as appropriate
- Maintain clear and open communication with CHCO Colorado Springs nursing director and clinical business manager, Chief Medical Officer and Medical Director
- Ensure responsive, high-quality and consistent service to all customers of the CHCO Colorado Springs PICU including patients, families and referring providers
- Maintain acceptable performance under the Section's Ongoing Professional Evaluation matrix
- Participate in appropriate committees within the Section of Critical Care and CHCO Colorado Springs
- Collaborate with Medical Director and CHCO administration regarding growth opportunities in the Colorado Springs metropolitan area including conducting outreach education
- Support Section and hospital efforts in quality improvement, customer service, patient satisfaction and business development
- Work with Medical Director and CHCO management to ensure compliance with hospital policies and procedures, JCAHO/EMTALA/other external regulatory agency standards, family centered care standards, customer service standards, and CHCO's corporate compliance plan
- As requested, supervise trainees who may rotate for educational experience in CHCO Colorado Springs PICU, making sure that they achieve educational goals and are appropriately evaluated in a supportive environment
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates may be responsible for travel expenses related to the interview process and any relocation expenses, if applicable.
Salary and Benefits:
The hiring salary for this position is negotiable and commensurate with skills and experience. This position is not eligible for overtime compensation.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
Total Compensation Calculator: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/total-compensation (for questions, please contact [email protected])
Diversity and Equity:
Please click here for information on disability accommodations: http://www.ucdenver.edu/about/departments/HR/jobs/Pages/JobsatCUDenver.aspx
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
- Medical Doctor or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine.
- Board Certified or Board Eligible in Pediatric Critical Care.
- Experience with Quality Improvement Initiatives.
Condition of Employment:
- Must successfully pass a drug test through Children's Hospital Colorado
- Must be willing and able to pass a national criminal background and sex-offender registry check
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively;
- Ability to handle stressful situations with professional composure;
- Knowledge of quality improvement, family centered care, and evidence based practice;
- Knowledge of critical care delivery in community-based setting;
- Skill in leading high-performing, cross-functional teams;
- Skill in prioritizing patient and system needs appropriately;
- Knowledge and skill in customer service delivery;
- Ability to work well both independently and as part of a team;
- Well organized and efficient in their work
- Two or more years of clinical experience in Pediatric Critical Care.
- Experience developing clinical programs.
- Experience with community outreach initiatives.
- Willing to relocate to Colorado Springs.
Special Instructions to Applicants:APPLICATION DEADLINE: -Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Questions should be directed to Matt Croskey at [email protected]
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID: 14795
When applying, applicants must include:
- A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
- A current Resume/CV
- The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document
Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20999 - SOM-PEDS Critical Care-GenOps
Posting Date: Sep 26, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Matt Croskey
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
Position Number: 00754630