Bio-statistician/Analyst for Clinical Research
University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
SOM/Department of Emergency Medicine
Bio-statistician/Analyst for Clinical Research~Sr Professional Research Asst
Position #00605662 - Requisition 14757
The University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.
Nature of Work
The Department of Emergency Medicine seeks a highly-motivated biostatistician/analyst () to work in a dynamic environment with clinical research faculty (mostly physicians) on funded clinical research studies. Emergency Medicine conducts research into areas such as injury prevention, opioid misuse, critical care, pharmacogenomics, toxicology, mental health, global health, and healthcare policy. The successful candidate will have a passion for collaborative research and will contribute in the areas of study design, data management, a broad range of statistical analysis, and scientific writing (manuscript and grant preparation). In addition, the candidate should be able to work independently, manage a portfolio of projects including developing and managing project timelines, and have strong communication skills. Specific tasks will include, but not be limited to, designing and writing statistical analysis plans with the principal investigator, writing statistical programs in SAS or R to analyze data collected from various research projects, and supporting presentation and publication of results, including advanced figure and table creation.
The Department of Emergency Medicine welcomes qualified candidates that may range from masters-level analysts requiring PhD guidance for complex analyses/design to more senior PhD-level biostatisticians. This is an open rank posting which can be filled either as a Senior Professional Research Assistant or as a Research Associate depending on the selected candidates qualifications and experience.
The Senior Professional Research Assistant or Research Associate will receive supervision and guidance, working closely with multiple PIs and research admin. The individual will be expected to problem-solve and interface with scientific collaborators independently.
Assist in the supervision of investigations carried out by graduate students and professional research assistants.
Examples of Work Performed
- Work collaboratively with multiple Emergency Medicine research faculty and staff to provide high-level, professional, and scientifically rigorous data management and quantitative analysis.
- Work with research staff to create high-level systems of data collection and management.
- Develop and describe robust analytic plans for a broad range of clinical research encompassing simple descriptive analyses to more complex analyses including multivariable modeling, longitudinal analyses, large administrative databases and weighted surveys, propensity scores, and clinical trials (including adaptive and cluster randomized designs). Experience with genomic/metabolic analyses is desired but not required.
- Lead research staff in preparing data for analysis.
- Conduct simple and complex data analyses, including high-quality visual representation of data/analyses.
- Collaborate on grant application writing, including study design, analysis plans, and sample size calculations.
- Collaborate with other research team members to co-author abstracts, oral and poster presentations, and scientific manuscripts.
- Completing other duties necessary for completion of research studies.
Skills and Abilities Sought
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills
- Ability to think creatively and work independently
- Excellent team player
- Positive attitude and the ability to work with a variety of research faculty and staff
- Ability to analyze and solve complex problems and apply quantitative analytical approaches
- Proven self-initiative and ability to catalyze new projects or ideas and to work independently
- Exceptional organizational, project management, and time management skills with ability to manage multiple projects or requests
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
Total Compensation Calculator: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/total-compensation
Diversity and Equity:
Please click here for information on disability accommodations: http://www.ucdenver.edu/about/departments/HR/jobs/Pages/JobsatCUDenver.aspx
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
- Master's degree in Biostatistics, Data Science, or related field.
- Minimum of three (3) years of SAS or R programming experience with strong programming skills.
- Minimum one (1) year of experience working in an academic medical/research setting.
- PhD or equivalent terminal degree in Biostatistics, Data Science, or related field.
- Three (3) years of experience working in an academic medical/research setting.
- Prior success as a collaborative biostatistician/analyst, working with multiple investigators on multiple projects.
- Expertise as an analyst/biostatistician in clinical (patient-oriented) biomedical research.
- Experience with scientific writing, including manuscript and grant preparation
Special Instructions to Applicants:Questions should be directed to Olawunmi Ogunwo at [email protected] Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID: 14757
When applying, applicants must include:
- A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
- A current Resume/CV
- The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document
Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20353 - SOM-Emergency Medicine
Posting Date: Sep 26, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Olawunmi Ogunwo
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
Position Number: 00605662