Business Data Analytics Faculty
Job Summary/Basic Function
Maryville University is accepting applications for a full-time faculty member in Business Data Analytics in the John E. Simon School of Business. Rank will be determined by qualifications. This position is based on the main campus in west Saint Louis County. Fully remote candidates may also be considered.
The candidate will teach primarily graduate courses in the Business Data Analytics program focused in one, or more, of the following areas: data analytics, data mining, forecasting and predictive modeling. The successful candidate must be committed to fostering a culturally diverse atmosphere for faculty, staff and students.
Course subjects include, but are not limited to:
• Data Analytics
• Data Warehousing
• Data Mining
• Data Visualization
• Advanced Topics in Data Analytics
• Forecasting and Predictive Modeling
• Business Data Analytics Capstone
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities:
• Participate in welcome orientation to become familiar with the University's mission, academic policies and procedures, expectations, and Canvas (Learning Management System)
• Teach assigned courses as specified in the schedule and course contract, employing a variety of teaching styles in order to effectively deliver course content demonstrating both academic and real-world applications of concepts covered
• Work closely with instructional design team to deliver course content in a meaningful and engaging manner
• Clearly communicate course objectives and learning outcomes, teaching methodology, assignments and deadlines
• Ensure that program learning and specific course outcomes are assessed for continuous improvement
• Provide feedback and grade assignments in a timely and thorough manner
• Establish office hours to provide additional assistance with student questions/concerns
• Report early alerts for students who are not actively engaging in the course
• Additional duties as assigned
• Master's degree in Data Analytics, Data Science, Business, Management Information Systems, Decision Sciences, Statistics, or related field from a regionally accredited institution.
• Experience with data analytics languages and tools (e.g. SQL Server, R, Python, Microsoft Azure Machine Learning, Neo4j, TensorFlow, ElasticSearch)
• Experience with data analytics, data mining, machine learning, NoSQL databases, big data, and predictive analytics
• Doctorate with at least 15 graduate hours in Data Analytics, Management Information Systems, Mathematics, or Statistics from a regionally accredited institution.
• Experience with virtual machines (local and cloud based)
• Experience in online teaching and online course development
An offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background screening.
Applicants requiring University sponsorship to obtain employment authorization will not be considered for this position.
Maryville University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and prohibiting discrimination on the basis of age, disability, gender, genetic information, marital status, national origin, race/color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. This extends to all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruiting, hiring, training, on-the-job treatment, promotion, layoff, and termination.