Faculty - Cyber Security
Job Summary/Basic Function
Maryville University is accepting applications for a full-time faculty member in Cyber Security in the John E. Simon School of Business. This position is based on our west St. Louis County campus. Rank will be determined by qualifications.
The successful candidate must be committed to fostering a culturally diverse atmosphere for faculty, staff and students.
Course subjects include, but are not limited to:
• Cyber Security Principles
• Ethical Hacking
• Network and Wireless Security
• Advanced Networking
• Virtualization and Cloud Security
• Digital Forensics
• Mobile Security
• Security Information and Event Management
• Incident Response and Malware Analysis
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities:
• Participate in welcome orientation to become familiar with the University's mission, academic policies and procedures, expectations, and Canvas (Learning Management System)
• Teach assigned courses as specified in the schedule and course contract, employing a variety of teaching styles in order to effectively deliver course content demonstrating both academic and real-world applications of concepts covered
• Work closely with instructional design team to deliver course content in a meaningful and engaging manner
• Clearly communicate course objectives and learning outcomes, teaching methodology, assignments and deadlines
• Ensure that program learning and specific course outcomes are assessed for continuous improvement
• Provide feedback and grade assignments in a timely and thorough manner
• Establish office hours to provide additional assistance with student questions/concerns
• Report early alerts for students who are not actively engaging in the course
• Additional duties as assigned
Master's degree in a Cyber Security or Information Technology related field from a regionally accredited institution
• Doctorate with at least 15 graduate hours in Cyber Security or Information Technology related field
• Relevant industry experience using tools such as Kali Linux and Splunk, etc.
• CISSP and / or other relevant industry certifications
• Experience in online teaching and online course development
An offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background screening.
Applicants requiring University sponsorship to obtain employment authorization will not be considered for this position.
Maryville University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and prohibiting discrimination on the basis of age, disability, gender, genetic information, marital status, national origin, race/color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. This extends to all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruiting, hiring, training, on-the-job treatment, promotion, layoff, and termination.