Part-Time, Coordinator III-Evening & Weekend
Commitment to Mission:
This job carries with it the obligation to uphold the Mission of Lone Star College (LSC) in carrying out the duties of the position. A commitment to positive interpersonal behaviors, professional communication, diversity, integrity, leadership, stewardship, respect and accountability to LSC students and employees is essential.
- Students Matter
- Inspire Excellence
- Act Intentionally
- Better Together
- No Fear!
The Chronicle of Higher Education's "Great Colleges to Work For" is designed to recognize colleges that have been successful in creating great workplaces and to further research and understanding of the factors, dynamics and influences that have the most impact on organizational culture at higher education institutions.
Lone Star College was recognized in five areas: Confidence in Senior Leadership; Diversity; Facilities, Workspace & Security; Job Satisfaction; and Work/Life Balance.
Campus Marketing Statement:
Lone Star College-CyFair
Lone Star College, located in the north metropolitan Houston area, is one of the largest and fastest growing community colleges in the country featuring six comprehensive colleges and 10 centers with over 95,000 credit and non-credit students each semester, an annual budget exceeding $500,000,000, and 7,300 employees spread over a 2100 square mile area.
LSC adds $3.1 billion to the local and regional economy by providing educational opportunities across the north Houston region. Lone Star College-CyFair, a comprehensive community college for the 21st century, provides a dynamic, collaborative learning environment for life-long learning centered on learning engagement.
Located in suburban northwest Houston in the heart of the CyFair Community, the college provides a full range of offerings including unique programs in fire science technology, logistics management and sonography. Since opening our award winning campus in 2003, the college has experienced record growth and supports an exciting learning environment that brings together state-of-the-art technology and active, collaborative learning.
Campus address is 9191 Barker Cypress Road. Cypress, Texas. 77433-1383.
The Coordinator III administers the Curriculog application, which LSC utilizes to track updates to its curriculum, ensuring proposals are timely and comply with the State of Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board (THECB) as well as the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS) rules and regulations to ensure LSC's continued accreditation to award Associate degrees and certificates. When issues are discovered, the Coordinator III works with program coordinators, department chairs, my director, deans and the VPI Council to collaboratively resolve the issues. When curriculum proposals are ratified, The Coordinator III communicates the information to the LSC departments impacted by the curriculum changes as well as all LSC Deans and LSC Division Operations Managers.
- Analyze curriculum proposals entered into Curriculog to determine if the requested update complies with SACS and the State of Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board rules; judge the proposal's impact will be positive for all LSC courses, programs and students
- Prepare the annual LSC Curriculum Tracking Spreadsheet and bi-monthly Educational Programs Council (EPC) spreadsheets to enable communication of curriculum; ensure the curriculum updates are accurately applied to the LSC online and printed catalog, LSC internet degree plans, iStar degree plans, and the THECB web site
- Summarize the comments and questions from the LSC curriculum teams and LSC EPC prior to the VPI Council's review of the curriculum proposals to ensure potential issues are communicated and addressed by the appropriate deans, department chairs or curriculum teams
- Formulate and generate the SACs Degree Audits each semester for each of the seven LSC colleges (LSC Online is considered a separate entity); 16 off-site and center locations; and over 90 local independent school districts (ISD) which offer LSC dual credit courses
- Distinguish the new off-campus locations to enable LSC to satisfy the SACs requirement for timely submission of the required Substantive Change documentation to ensure the continued favorable accreditation of the LSC system
- Retrieve the new semester course schedule information from iStar to generate the XML file for the LSC Marketing department to create the new Easy Class Search and to create the InDesign-formatted files for each LSC college, LSC Online, and mini-mester sections for the marketing department
- Responsible for other reasonable related duties as assigned
- Good communication and people skills.
- Good organizational and management skills.
- Good technical skills for analyzing impact studies.
- Demonstrated computer literacy with common office software (i.e. MS Word, Excel, and databases).
- Minimal physical effort is required.
Work Schedule & Conditions:
- PC workstation running on a LAN in a Microsoft Windows environment, calculator, phone and other general office equipment.
- Internal and external contacts as needed to carry out the functions of the position.
- Work is performed in a climate-controlled office with minimal exposure to safety hazards.
Please go to your profile page. To add a file, select the "attachments" tab. Click on the "add" tab. Click "Browse" and select the file you want to attach. Then click "attach." It will redirect you back to the general profile page. Repeat steps to add additional documents.
Tips: You can only attach a maximum of five (5) files no larger than 2MB (2047 bytes) each. The total file capacity is 10MB. If your individual file exceeds the file limit, you will receive an error message. The search tool recruiter's use for candidates will not be able to analyze the content of some attached files, mostly image files, and compressed files (zip). The recommended file attachments are word or pdf files.
Please include the requisition number and your name in the title of your file. You must limit your file name to 40 characters or less.
Duration of Job Posting:
Position posted until filled
- Bachelor's degree and at least 1 year of experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
Benefits Marketing Statement:
By joining our top-notch institution, you will enjoy being a part of an organization that offers a supportive, collegial work environment, excellent work/life balance, tuition waiver, participation in the TIAA-CREF retirement plan and more.
How to Apply:
ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY ONLINE ONLY!
We will not accept application material received via fax, email, mail, or hand delivered.
Postings for part-time and adjunct positions are active for the academic year. By selecting the option to receive notifications on your profile, you will begin receiving electronic communication regarding new opportunities with Lone Star College (LSC).
If selected for an interview, a recruiter will contact you by phone, or email to schedule an interview.
Lone Star College participates in the E-Verify program, under which Lone Star College provides the federal government with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm that the employee is authorized to work in the United States.
More information on the E-Verify program is available at www.dhs.gov/E-Verify
Lone Star College is an EEO Employer. All positions are subject to a criminal background check.
Primary Location: US-Texas-Cypress
Work Locations: 9191 Barker Cypress Rd (0500) , 9191 Barker Cypress Rd , Cypress , 77433
Job: Student Services
Organization: LSC Cy Fair - 05
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Entry Level
Required Documents: Resume/Curriculum Vitae
Job Posting: Sep 25, 2018, 7:12:28 PM