Part-Time Librarian, Evenings & Saturdays
Commitment to Mission:
This job carries with it the obligation to uphold the Mission of Lone Star College (LSC) in carrying out the duties of the position. A commitment to positive interpersonal behaviors, professional communication, diversity, integrity, leadership, stewardship, respect and accountability to LSC students and employees is essential.
- Students Matter
- Inspire Excellence
- Act Intentionally
- Better Together
- No Fear!
Lone Star College-Kingwood
Lone Star College, located in the north metropolitan Houston area, is one of the largest and fastest growing community colleges in the country featuring six comprehensive colleges and 10 centers with over 95,000 credit and non-credit students each semester, an annual budget exceeding $500,000,000, and 7,300 employees spread over a 2100 square mile area.
LSC adds $3.1 billion to the local and regional economy by providing educational opportunities across the north Houston region.
Lone Star College-Kingwood, an innovative and dynamic community college located in the pine-forested suburbs of northeast Houston, has an opening for someone interested in working with a diverse group of colleagues who want to make a difference in the lives of students and grow professionally. Kingwood focuses on fulfilling individual dreams and enhancing community life and offers unique programs in respiratory care, computer gaming and dental hygiene.
Campus address is 20000 Kingwood Drive. Kingwood, Texas 77339-3801
The Chronicle of Higher Education's "Great Colleges to Work For" is designed to recognize colleges that have been successful in creating great workplaces and to further research and understanding of the factors, dynamics and influences that have the most impact on organizational culture at higher education institutions.
Lone Star College was recognized in five areas: Confidence in Senior Leadership; Diversity; Facilities, Workspace & Security; Job Satisfaction; and Work/Life Balance.
Promotes and supports student learning. Responsible for providing and disseminating information services in support of the college's mission to provide quality educational programs to a diverse student population. Position's role encompasses the general areas of learning facilitation, personal and professional development, and institutional and community service. Reference services may include developing or acquiring instructional materials and providing assistance to the college community in the use of research technology and materials. Position contributes to the educational environment of the college by teaching information literacy and providing support for classroom learning.
- Instructs students, faculty, and other library users in accessing and using print, audio-visual, and electronic information resources.
- Plans and develops a variety of instructional materials using appropriate technologies that will assist students in meeting their research needs.
- Promotes the use of general and subject-oriented print and electronic research guides and other instructional materials.
- Plans, organizes, and delivers research instruction in ways which maximize student learning and information literacy.
- Maintains a study atmosphere conducive to student learning.
- Evaluates, acquires, and provides access to information resources in a variety of formats to support student learning.
- Maintains professional working relationships with students, colleagues, and other library users.
- Assists students and faculty by supporting specific programs or course research needs.
- Provides reference assistance during the day, evenings, and weekends to meet student, faculty, and community research needs.
- Interprets policies and procedures for library users.
- Responsible for other reasonable, related duties as assigned
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with colleagues and community.
- Knowledge and skills in library technology.
- Minimal physical effort is required.
Work Schedule & Conditions:
- PC workstation running on a LAN in a Microsoft Windows environment, calculator, phone and other general office equipment
- Internal and external contacts as needed to carry out the functions of the position
- A climate-controlled office with minimal exposure to safety hazards is the general work environment, unless otherwise stated in job announcement.
Please go to your profile page. To add a file, select the "attachments" tab. Click on the "add" tab. Click "Browse" and select the file you want to attach. Then click "attach." It will redirect you back to the general profile page. Repeat steps to add additional documents.
Tips: You cannot attach a file that exceeds the allocated limit of 1024 kilobytes. You can attach a maximum of 10 files at a time. The search tool recruiter's use for candidates will not be able to analyze the content of some attached files, mostly image files, and compressed files (zip). The recommended file attachments are word or pdf files.
Duration of Job Posting:
Position posted until filled
- Master's degree in Library Science.
- Must be available week day evenings from 4:00 - 9:00 p.m. and Saturdays 9:00 - 2:00 p.m.
By joining our top-notch institution, you will enjoy being a part of an organization that offers offer a supportive, collegial work environment, excellent work/life balance, tuition reimbursement, participation in the TIAA-CREF retirement plan and more.
How to Apply:
ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY ONLINE ONLY!
Application material received via fax, email, mail, or hand delivery will not be accepted.
Postings for part-time and adjunct positions are active for the academic year. By selecting the option to receive notifications on your profile, you will begin receiving electronic communication regarding new opportunities with Lone Star College (LSC).
If selected for an interview, a recruiter will contact you by phone, or email to schedule an interview. Lone Star College participates in the E-Verify program, under which Lone Star College provides the federal government with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm that the employee is authorized to work in the United States.
More information on the E-Verify program is available at www.dhs.gov/E-Verify
Lone Star College is an EEO Employer. All positions are subject to a criminal background check.
Primary Location: US-Texas-Kingwood
Work Locations: 20000 Kingwood Dr (0200) , 20000 Kingwood Dr , Kingwood , 77339
Job: Academic Affairs
Organization: LSC Kingwood - 02
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Required Documents: Resume/Curriculum Vitae
Job Posting: Oct 2, 2018, 12:33:57 AM