Open date: September 25th, 2018
Next review date: November 1st, 2018
Apply by this date to ensure full consideration by the committee.
Final date: June 30th, 2019
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
The Department of Microbiology & Molecular Genetics at the University of California, Irvine School of Medicine invites applications for a full-time faculty position. The academic appointment will be at the Assistant Professor in the Line (tenure track) series.
The department seeks a PhD, MD, or MD/PhD research scientist who will pursue a research program in viral pathogenesis, virus-host interactions, immune responses to infection or related areas in virology relevant to human disease. Ideal applicants will be creative and collaborative scientists using state-of-the-art approaches that combine cell biology, genetics, bioinformatics, biochemistry and in vitro or in vivo models of infection. We would especially encourage applicants with innovative new perspectives and research interests that embrace interdisciplinary approaches. Successful applicants will be expected to be highly collaborative, establish and maintain an extramurally funded research program, participate in departmental teaching and mentoring missions for graduate students and medical students, and participate in activities associated with an NIH-funded virology training grant.
All applicants must have a Ph.D. and/or M.D., as well as postdoctoral viral research experience, and a strong record of research accomplishments and publications. The search committee will begin reviewing applications on November 1, 2018.
To Apply, please visit:
Candidates must create an applicant profile and upload the following:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Statement of Research
- Statement of Teaching - See our guidance for writing a reflective teaching statement: http://dtei.uci.edu/the-reflective-teaching-statement/
- 3-5 Letters of Recommendation
- Diversity Statement, and
- Any Additional Items
The University of California, Irvine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.
Job location Irvine, CA
- Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
- Cover Letter (Optional)
- Statement of Research
- Statement of Teaching - our guidance for writing a reflective teaching statement: http://dtei.uci.edu/the-reflective-teaching-statement/
- Statement of Contributions to Diversity - Statement addressing how past and/or potential contributions to diversity will advance UCI's Commitment to Inclusive Excellence.
- Misc / Additional (Optional)
- 3-5 letters of reference required
HOW TO APPLY
- Create an ApplicantID
- Provide required information and documents
- If any, provide required reference information
Get started: press Apply Now