Data Entry Biographical Records Assistant - Gift and Information Services, University Advancement-1
Data Entry Biographical Records Assistant - Gift and Information Services, University Advancement-18001617
The Tufts' University Advancement Division (UA) is a comprehensive development and alumni relations enterprise with a staff complement of approximately 190 FTE. Functional units within UA include development/fundraising, alumni relations, stewardship and donor relations, advancement communications, special events, gift processing, prospect research and management, gift planning, corporate and foundation relations, information systems and management, and infrastructure services. UA's mission is to build strong, lifelong relationships with Tufts University's constituents, match donors' interests with the University's needs and priorities, and secure the financial resources necessary for Tufts to achieve excellence in teaching, research, and scholarship. The Division is strongly committed to serving the academic agenda of the University, creating a culture of philanthropy in the extended Tufts community, and pursuing excellence and best practices in its work. Integrity, collegiality, diversity, accountability, mutual trust, and respect for the individual as well as the intentions of our donors are the values that guide the Division's work.
The biographical records assistant is responsible for adding, updating and correcting all biographical data on the Advance Database system using information obtained from a variety of sources including online resources, telefund, student information systems, National Change of Address (NCOA), Tufts online community, Tufts Magazine, returned mail and UA staff. This person will interpret, validate, and correct data and update the system as well as implement procedure changes for processing these types of transactions. Manage data utilizing department integrity reports to record data based on business rules for reporting. This position serves the entire University community, including administration, donors, faculty and staff.
Minimum Required Experience:
- 3-4 years’ experience working in an office related setting, processing, interpreting and analyzing data.
- Must have experience juggling and prioritizing multiple projects and meeting deadlines.
- Must have some experience working with databases and entering data.
- High School or GED.
- MS Word and Excel. Some experience working with databases, Microsoft Office.
- Complex database experience is preferred. Experience with donor and information management systems is highly desirable (Advance, Millenium, Razor’s Edge, Banner, etc.)
- Experience handling sensitive, confidential information is strongly preferred.
- Must have the ability to work semi-independently and as part of a team.
An employee in this position must complete all appropriate background checks at the time of hire, promotion, or transfer.
Equal Opportunity Employer – minority/females/veterans/disability/sexual orientation/gender identity.
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Medford/Somerville
Job: Administrative Support
Organization: UA-Gift & Information Services
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: Sep 26, 2018, 11:02:22 AM