World's Great Religions-Part-Time Faculty Pool
Salary See Position Description
Location Champaign, IL
Job Type Part-Time Faculty
Department Academic Services
Job Number HUMrel6.20.2018
Humanities-World's Great Religions
This is a Part-Time Faculty appointment with a salary range of $1,085-$1,224 per Equated Contact Hour (ECH).
The Humanities Department at Parkland College seeks experienced and qualified part-time instructors for the following course:
Religion 102: The World's Great Religions
Teachings and histories of world's major religions: Hinduism, Jainism, Buddhism, Taoism, Confucianism, Shintoism, Zoroastrianism, Judaism, Christianity, and Islam.
Part-Time Faculty teach part-time, advise and mentor students. Preemployment criminal background check with fingerprinting required.
Information regarding department programs & majors:
Applicants must submit:
- An online Parkland College employment application
- Cover letter
- Resume or CV
- Copy of official transcript from the institution where you received your highest degree. If hired, certified official transcript is required.
Essential Job Functions
- Performs professional duties in accordance with the established policies and procedures of the college.
- Provides classroom instruction in accordance with the stated philosophy, objectives, and established course outlines of the college.
- Informs students of course regulations, evaluation procedures, and other information pertinent to the course; prepares a course syllabus for each course and distributes it early in each term.
- Is available for student advising/mentoring.
- Maintains regular office hours to ensure availability for student consultation; provides assistance to students in a timely manner.
- Maintains accurate scholastic records of students; submits required reports on student progress according to published deadlines.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the department chair.
- Master's Degree in Religious Studies or a Master's of Divinity. If hired, certified official transcript is required.
- Applicant must pass a criminal background check with finger printing.
- Ability to learn the Parkland information system and new programs as technology changes.
- Online teaching experience is also preferred.
- Online teaching experience.
Part-Time Instructors who teach at least 6 ECH:
State Universities Retirement System Pension
Use of Fitness Center
Part-Time Instructors who teach 5 equated contact hours (ECH) or less:
01 Do you have experience teaching?
02 Describe how you will work to create a campus environment that is welcoming and inclusive.
03 Would you be interested in a substitute assignment separate or in addition to a PT teaching assignment?
* Required Question
Parkland College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.