Technical Support Assistant I Part-Time Pool
Salary $12.80 Hourly
Location Champaign, IL
Job Type Full-Time, Staff
Department Administrative Services
Job Number ITpt6.25.2018
The Technical Support Assistant I works in the Tech Service Desk and provides tier I level technical support to employees and students.
**Hiring needs are dependent on work load availability.**
These positions are part-time, 19-hour-or-less per week appointments with a pay rate of $12.80/hr
*Hours are generally within 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday thru Friday.*
Applicants must submit:
- An online Parkland College employment application
- Cover letter
Essential Job Functions
- Respond to user requests for assistance or information, submitted via phone, email and in person, while maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Resolve technical problems and/or suggest solutions.
- Document processes.
- Communicate with faculty, staff, and students, as well as other technical support professionals in the department.
- Work with other members of support team to assess processes and procedures, recommend improvements, and assist with implementation.
- Create monthly reports based on tickets that have been entered.
- Assist with updating and assigning user-submitted tickets.
- Assist with assigning work requests.
- Participate in interviews for P/T hourly Service Desk staff; train and lead the P/T hourly Service Desk staff.
- Communicate departmental absences to appropriate staff and update the Campus Tech calendar.
- Communicate IT Alerts and IT Event notices to the College when the IT Service Desk Coordinator is out.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Associate's degree in Computer Science, Networking, or a related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience supporting Windows and/or Macintosh platforms.
- Knowledge of hardware and software related to a technical support environment.
- Ability to carry out diagnostic and corrective procedures based on analysis of hardware and software.
- Verbal and mathematical abilities sufficient to produce correspondence, communicate effectively, and perform support duties.
- Good oral and written communication skills, as well as the ability to provide excellent customer service to a diverse population.
- Ability to carry and lift typical computer components weighing up to 20 pounds.
- Ability to crawl under desks to access equipment.
01 Do you have experience teaching?
02 Describe how you will work to create a campus environment that is welcoming and inclusive.
03 Would you be interested in a substitute assignment separate or in addition to a PT teaching assignment?
* Required Question
Parkland College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.