First Year Experience (FYE) 101 - Part-time Faculty Pool
Salary See Position Description
Location Champaign, IL
Job Type Part-Time Faculty
Department Academic Services
Job Number CASptfac5.14.2018
Center for Academic Success-First Year Experience (FYE)
This is a Part-Time Faculty appointment with a salary range of $1056-$1191 per Equated Contact Hour (ECH).
Pre-employment criminal background check with fingerprinting required.
Applicants must submit:
- An online Parkland College employment application
- Cover letter
- Resume or CV
- Copy of official transcript from the institution where you received your highest degree. If hired, certified official transcript is required.
Essential Job Functions
- Performs professional duties in accordance with the established policies and procedures of the college.
- Provides classroom instruction in accordance with the stated philosophy, objectives, and established course outlines of the college.
- Informs students of course regulations, evaluation procedures, and other information pertinent to the course; prepares a course syllabus for each course and distributes it early in each term.
- Is available for student advising/mentoring.
- Maintains regular office hours to ensure availability for student consultation; provides assistance to students in a timely manner.
- Maintains accurate scholastic records of students; submits required reports on student progress according to published deadlines.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the department chair
Information regarding department programs:
- Master's Degree. If hired, certified official transcript is required.
- Must pass a criminal background check with finger printing.
- Ability to learn the Parkland information system and new programs as technology changes.
- Experience working with undergraduate students during first year of college.
- Experience in working with diverse student populations.
Part-Time Instructors who teach at least 6 ECH:
State Universities Retirement System Pension
Use of Fitness Center
Part-Time Instructors who teach 5 equated contact hours (ECH) or less:
01 Describe your teaching philosophy.
02 Describe strategies you have used to ensure your teaching is effective and students are succeeding.
03 What have you done or would you like to do to increase educational outreach to ethnically and culturally diverse students?
04 Describe any special interest areas you have within your discipline. How do you keep current within your field of academic interest?
* Required Question
Parkland College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.