Part-Time Apple Technical Support Assistant II
Salary $13.50 Hourly
Location Champaign, IL
Job Type Part-time, 19 hours or less per week
Department Administrative Services
Job Number ITApple2018
The Apple Technical Support Assistant II assists in providing support for Apple devices to areas of the campus including installation and set-up of equipment; lab maintenance; software loading and configuration; trouble-shooting and component testing; and assisting users both via a Hotline and in the field.
These positions are Part-Time 19-hour-or-less per week appointments with an hourly rate of $13.50
*Hours are generally within 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday thru Friday.*
Applicants must submit:
- An online Parkland College employment application
- Cover letter
- Associate's degree in Computer Science, Networking, or a related field or combination of education and experience supporting Apple platforms.
- Knowledge of hardware and software related to a technical support environment.
- Ability to carry out diagnostic and corrective procedures based on analysis of hardware and software.
- Capable of handling data with security and integrity
- Verbal and mathematical abilities sufficient to produce correspondence, communicate effectively, and perform support duties.
- Good oral and written communication skills, as well as the ability to provide excellent customer service to a diverse population.
- Ability to carry and lift typical computer components weighing up to 40 pounds.
- Ability to crawl under desks to access equipment.
Parkland College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.