Islamic Culture & Civilization - Part-Time Faculty Pool
Salary See Position Description
Location Champaign, IL
Job Type Part-Time Faculty
Department Academic Services
Job Number HUMptfac6.20
Humanities-Islamic Culture & Civilization
This is a Part-Time Faculty appointment with a salary range of $1,085-$1,224 per Equated Contact Hour (ECH).
The Humanities Department at Parkland College seeks experienced and qualified part-time instructors for the following course:
Humanities 104: Islamic Culture and Civilization
Exploration of Islamic culture as expressed in art, music, literature, history, society, and philosophy.
Part-Time Faculty teach part-time, advise and mentor students. Preemployment criminal background check with fingerprinting required.
Information regarding department programs & majors:
Applicants must submit:
- An online Parkland College employment application
- Cover letter
- Resume or CV
- Copy of official transcript from the institution where you received your highest degree. If hired, certified official transcript is required.
Essential Job Functions
- Performs professional duties in accordance with the established policies and procedures of the college.
- Provides classroom instruction in accordance with the stated philosophy, objectives, and established course outlines of the college.
- Informs students of course regulations, evaluation procedures, and other information pertinent to the course; prepares a course syllabus for each course and distributes it early in each term.
- Is available for student advising/mentoring.
- Maintains regular office hours to ensure availability for student consultation; provides assistance to students in a timely manner.
- Maintains accurate scholastic records of students; submits required reports on student progress according to published deadlines.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the department chair.
- Candidates with a master's degree in a Humanities-related discipline relevant to the specific topic of the course (including, but not limited to, History, Anthropology, Comparative Literature, Art History, and Religion) are also strongly encouraged to apply. If hired, certified official transcript is required.
- Applicant must pass a criminal background check with finger printing.
- Ability to learn the Parkland information system and new programs as technology changes.
- Master's degree in the field. If hired, certified official transcript is required.
- Online teaching experience.
Part-Time Instructors who teach at least 6 ECH:
State Universities Retirement System Pension
Use of Fitness Center
Part-Time Instructors who teach 5 equated contact hours (ECH) or less:
01 Describe how you will work to create a campus environment that is welcoming and inclusive.
02 Do you have experience teaching?
03 Would you be interested in a substitute assignment separate or in addition to a PT teaching assignment?
* Required Question
Parkland College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.