Part-Time Technical Support Assistant II
Salary $13.50 Hourly
Location Champaign, IL
Job Type Part-time, 19 hours or less per week
Department Administrative Services
Job Number TSII2018
The Technical Support Assistant II assists in providing computer support to areas of the campus including installation and set-up of equipment; lab maintenance; software loading and configuration; trouble-shooting and component testing; and assisting users both via a Hotline and in the field.
These positions are Part-Time 19-hour-or-less per week appointments with an hourly rate of $13.50/hr.
*Hours are generally within 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday thru Friday.*
Applicants must submit:
- An online Parkland College employment application
- Cover letter
Essential Job Functions
- Respond to user requests for assistance or information, submitted via hotline, email and in person, while maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Resolve technical problems and/or suggest solutions.
- Carry out procedures involved in hardware/software implementation.
- Document processes.
- Communicate with faculty, staff, and students, as well as other technical support professionals in the department.
- Work with other members of support team to assess processes and procedures, recommend improvements, and assist with implementation.
- Inventory computer hardware.
- Technical Support Assistant II's are given more responsibility and may act as a stand-in for full-time staff on a temporary, as-needed basis, as well as mentor new part-time staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate's degree in Computer Science, Networking, or a related field or combination of education and experience supporting Windows.
- Knowledge of hardware and software related to a technical support environment.
- Ability to carry out diagnostic and corrective procedures based on analysis of hardware and software.
- Verbal and mathematical abilities sufficient to produce correspondence, communicate effectively, and perform support duties.
- Good oral and written communication skills, as well as the ability to provide excellent customer service to a diverse population.
- Ability to carry and lift typical computer components weighing up to 20 pounds.
- Ability to crawl under desks to access equipment.
Parkland College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.