Part-Time Accessibility Services Assistant
Salary See Position Description
Location Champaign, IL
Job Type Part-time, 19 hours or less per week
Department Student Services
Job Number 7.13.18access
**Hiring needs are dependent on work load availability**
This position is a Part-Time 19-hour-or-less per week appointment with a salary range of: Interpreter $45/hr, Assistant $14.01, Materials Conversion $13
Salary and level are dependent on experience, education, and position availability.
Applicants must submit:
- An electronic Parkland College application through NeoGov
Essential Job Functions
- Perform clerical and front desk duties for Accessibility Services staff.
- Maintain focus and attention to detail while administering accommodated course exams and assessment tests according to established policies and procedures.
- Read, scribe and/or complete Scan-tron forms for students who need such assistance.
- Scan and edit course materials when alternate formats are required; scan archived student files to electronic format.
- Maintain appropriate boundaries to promote student independence.
- Work well in a team environment.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Associate's degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Ability to clearly articulate tests to students.
- Capability of reading at the college level with appropriate vocabulary and pronunciation skills.
- Must have sufficient writing and mathematical abilities to perform the essential functions of the position, including excellent use of English grammar.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to learn various assistive technology software programs and applications that assist students with disabilities and visual impairments, such as Abbyy FineReader and other screen reading programs.
- Must have excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to work with limited supervision.
- In an effort to comply with SURS return-to-work restrictions for employers (40 ILCS 5/15-139.5), candidates for employment at Parkland College must either not be a SURS annuitant or must be willing to suspend his/her SURS annuity upon employment. This applies to all SURS annuitants except those receiving their annuity under either the Self-Managed Plan (SMP) or by lump sum payment.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Previous work experience with individuals with disabilities.
01 Indicate which position you are interested in. Please note that if hired you can only occupy one position.
- Materials Conversion
02 Please list the name(s) of your degree(s), including the discipline, which qualify you for this position.
03 What experience do you have working with College-age students and their parents?
04 Do you have knowledge of PDF conversion?
If yes, please describe.
* Required Question
Parkland College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.